It takes me ten minutes to get changed, put on cologne and deodorant, and make my bed hair look presentable. Leaving my room, I run into Silas who walks out his own room and is already dressed. "Ah, there you are, haven't seen you since this morning," Silas says when he notices me walk out of my room.

I plaster on a smile for Silas, "happy birthday big boy," I tell him. "Ready for your birthday gathering?"

"You've already told me happy birthday today," Silas tells me, to which I shrug in response. "And I think so, hopefully I can find my mate tonight," he says hopefully.

"I hope so too, I'm sure whoever it is they'll be happy to be mated to you," I assure him.

Silas gives me a toothy smile, "thanks little bro," he thanks me as he ruffles my hair which I just styled. Bastard. "As long as it isn't anyone from Ryder's pack I'll be happy," he tells me honestly. I try hide my hurt feelings and attempt a small laugh in response. But all I can feel is Tobias' nerves inside me.

Silas looks at me funny before he brushes it off by swinging his arm over my shoulder and leading us downstairs to where our parents wait for us.

"There you guys are!" Samantha greets when she see us walking down the stairs. "Don't you both look handsome," she coos.

We both groan, "so embarrassing," Silas whines.

"Oh, hush now," she waves her hand, disregarding our groans. "I've got to get a photo of you too," she says excitedly.

We groan again at the suggestion. "Stop being baby's," Samuel interjects. "Goddess, and to think you're both 18 now," he shakes his head.

*

The packs house is full by the time we arrive, shortly after eight pm. There are wolves from our pack here and other packs are mingling with one another as we walk through the house and into the main dining room.

Silas gets pulled away multiple times to greet those who wish him a happy birthday and those who traveled here from their packs, along with their unmated daughters, in hopes see if they would be mated to the second Alpha of The Sage Moon pack.

I grab a glass of champagne off one of the servers as I walk further into the room, hoping not to socialise too much tonight. "Yo Elias," I hear someone call out my name. I turn around and see Kai standing behind me. "Where the hell you been? It's so boring," Kai whines, walking towards me.

I laugh, "I just got here man," I say, taking a sip of my drink. "And you're only bored because you can't get wasted and hook up with people at this event."

"Exactly!" Kai groans. "I've even tried talking to few girls but they are all too busy trying to find Silas to see if they're mates or not to even care," he whines.

Tobias - girl obsessed. Tobias says in my head, making me laugh out loud.

"Don't laugh at me jerk," Kai pouts.

I try contain myself, "I'm not- I'm not," I laugh again. "Tobias is just making me laugh."

Kai grabs another glass off a server walking by, "sure, sure," he replies, before taking a gulp of his drink, "he better not be making fun of me or I'll tell Kade to beat him up later," Kai says, referring to his wolf.

Tobias - Ooo scary, I'm shaking in fear. Tobias laughs at his own joke.

Kai glares into my eyes, clearly trying to search for Tobias. "You're lucky you get to hide for now," Kai mutters directly to him, sensing Tobias is probably making sarcastic comments, like he just did.

Tobias - let's pee on his bed later. Tobias suggests to me.

"Where is Silas anyways?" Kai asks me, pulling me away from my thoughts with Tobias.

I shrug, "I don't know, lost him while walking in here, I'm sure he's around here somewhere," I say while looking around the room, trying to locate him.

Kai copy's what I'm doing, "ah-ha, there's the bastard," he says, pointing to a surrounded Silas of unmated girls. We both laugh, seeing Silas flogged by hopeful girls and even some guys, despite the fact Silas is as straight as a pole.

"Happy birthday to him," I cheer, clinking my glass with Kai's before finishing it off. "Let's get drunk," I suggest to Kai.

Kai gives me a wide smile, "absolutely."

It doesn't take us long to find the bar, and start drinking like we were dehydrated. "Shots!" Kai suggested to the omega bartender.

The omega looks at us funny, probably deciding if he should actually serve us shots or not right now. Kai slides a $50 note across the bar, to convince him to pour us shots. The omega takes me bribery money, and pours us four shots each.

Within an hour, the two of us were severely drunk and giggling like idiots at ourselves. "I need to pee," Kai tells me within giggles. He doesn't wait for a response before stumbling away from the bar towards the bathrooms.

Alone and drunk, my mind wanders to the most handsome man I've met. My heart hurts when I remember how we left things a few days ago. How he tried to mark me.

But I also remember how scared and upset he looked when he realised what nearly happened. Maybe he didn't mean to do it?

I groan at the memory, wanting the aching in my chest to go away. I check my phone to see the time displaying twelve eleven am.

Without really realising it, I'm jumping off my stool and walking towards the entrance of the pack house. My vision is blurry but I can sense Tobias pushing forward slightly as if he's guiding our drunk body.

Stumbling out of my pack territory, I make my way through a familiar path in the forest.

I don't know how long it takes as time doesn't seems to pass anymore in this state, but I make my way into a clearing I've been to before. I see a blurry figure coming closer to me in the night.

"Elias?" A male voice asks me. I stumble a little on my feet making the person grab hold of me, to prevent me from falling.

I mumble incoherent words to the person. "What are you doing here?" They ask in a confused voice. I know their scent but it's not the scent I'm looking for.

"Ryd- Ryds," I mumble to the person, trying to push forward to wherever my body wants to go.

"Okay, okay," they say, letting their hold of me go as I walk forward. I can hear them walk behind me.

After a few minutes- I think- the male behind me speaks up again. "Ryder's coming to get you."

"I want Ryds," I whine before I stumble and fall face first into the dirt.

"Oh, Jesus Christ," the person rushes to me. "You good?" They ask me as they lift my head off the dirt. I don't respond. Surprisingly the fall didn't hurt, or at least I don't think it did?

"Blaze? What's wrong?" A familiar deep voice asks from a distance. I try getting to my feet so I can get closer to the voice.

"I don't know, Ryder. I just found him outside the pack territory," the guy with me says. "He's drunk."

"Elias," the deep voice says when it's closer to me. I can feeling them lift up my body and carry me, bride style.

"Ryds," I breath out in relief, finally finding what I came here for.

"Yeah, it's me baby," he tells me as he carries me somewhere.

"Ryds- Ry-," I struggle to say before passing out in his arms.