Chapter 4 ✨

Elias' POV

The final bell of the day rings indicating the end of the school day.

Tobias - Thank god, if I had to listen to Mr Foster talk anymore I would rip out our ears.

At least you can tune out whenever you want. I don't get the same luxury.

Tobias - Yeah fair enough, but I want to be alert in case we see our mate again.

He's not even in this class Toby.

Tobias - You never know.

But I do know?! I silently yell back at Tobias as I make my way out of school and towards Silas' car, since he drove us to school today. My eyes instantly find Ryder's who was leaning against his car watching me.

My face heats up when I remember the last time I saw him and what we did. His eyes trail down my face and towards my neck which causes him to smirk. That's when I remember the massive hickey he left on my neck. 

My eyes find his own hickey similar to my own which he clearly didn't bother covering up in the slightest making my face heat up more than it already was.

Silas runs up behind me and greets me as I was making my way to his car. "no luck finding your mate?" he asks as he unlocks his car.

I look over to Ryder who was still looking at me while leaning against his car which happened to be right next to Silas. I know Ryder can hear us, especially with our werewolf hearing. "Uh, no. not yet," I respond to Silas quickly looking away from Ryder not wanting to catch his reaction.

"Oh well, it's rare to find her on the first day anyway," he responds in an encouraging tone. To which I was shrug without responding since my male mate was only a few feet away listening to every word.

"Ew," Arabella grimaces towards us as she walks over to Ryder's awaiting car. "not you mutts again," she spits as she sees us.

"It's not nice to talk badly about yourself," Silas fires back.

Arabella pokes her tongue out at Silas before jumping into the passenger seat of Ryder's car, as Ryder gets in from the other side.

"Can we go get doughnuts?" Kai asks as he walks up towards us.

"Didn't realise I was also driving you," Silas responds back. I tune out of their conversation to look back at Ryder who turns on his car, putting it in reverse. He looks over at me through the car window and reaches over putting his hand on Arabella's thigh as he drives away.

Tobias - Oh no he didn't.

Jealousy and rage quickly run throughout my body at the image of his hand on her thigh from both Tobias and I. His hands should only be on me. Not Arabella, or anyone else for that matter.

"Yo, you getting in," Silas calls from inside the car where both Silas and Kai are already seated inside.

*

It's ten minutes till eleven and I'm pacing my bedroom. Everyone has already gone to bed and here I am pacing my bedroom. Ryder's note said to meet him in the woods at eleven. I don't know whether to meet him or not.

Ever since I found out he was my mate if I wasn't close to him all I wanted was to be with him, to be close to him, to touch him, but he was still the enemy despite my wants and needs.

Ever since parting from him at school, everything in my body has been screaming at me to return to him. But I was still incredibly annoyed over his possessive act towards Arabella and wanted to hurt him as he hurt me.