✿SEVEN✿

Previously: "Yayyyyy! Dada is the best!" I smiled as we headed home.

Seoul National Hospital, 9:30pm

Jay's POV:

"Come back after getting the test reports done, okay? And don't worry, it will be fine." I assured the patient and his family. After thanking me, they left. It was a hectic day, I had tons of patients to check, as usual. I stretched my body a bit, and cracked my knuckles. It's finally time to go home, the idea not being that enthralling to me. The place I called home didn't feel home. My mother and step-dad were nice to me, but it was only because of my profession. Sounds weird? But that is the truth. After my father passed away, my mother and I were devastated, everything was a mess. But then my mom married my step-dad, a rich man who owned a good business. We shifted to his house, and as much as I hate to say this, my step-brother didn't like me. We were never on good terms, and it became worse and worse until he left the house. I didn't want that to happen, I viewed him as my own little brother but I think mom's and my presence became a bit overwhelming for him. And that is the sole reason I wanted to be at the hospital as long as possible, going home just made me feel...empty.

Empty ...that feeling.... It's very suffocating. You have everything, yet you have nothing. I want to feel again, like I used to. My mind drifted back to Yunjae's father, Jaeyun. I just remembered that name, as if it was meant to be imprinted in my mind. His eyes, I have never seen such a beautiful pair of eyes before. I couldn't forget him, not that I wanted to. I remember myself staring at him when I came to check Yunjae one last time, and found the duo sleeping. I've always loved kids, and Yunjae was too adorable, and too alike to him. I don't know why, but whenever I'm alone, or I'm not busy, I always think about him, and feel that warm and fuzzy feeling- which I never felt before. Am I in love? I desperately wanted answers, and I hope I see him soon, very soon. I shook my head and went inside the house.

On entering my house, I saw my mother sitting and reading a book, dad was nowhere to be seen. I think she felt my presence, and turned around to look at me, and greeted me with a smile. "Freshen up and come down, your dad will be here anytime soon, he's at the company". I nodded and swiftly made my way to my room. I change and lie down in my bed, letting the warmth of my soft blankets sink in and start thinking about my day. All the events that happened today, how I wanted to meet Jaeyun-ssi again- why does it always have to be him nowadays? (A/N: Once you Jakein, you can't Jakeout :P tsk sorry for my lame jokes) But I can't deny the connection I felt to him, I wanted to protect him, to see him smile... I've never felt this way before, this feeling is foreign to me, yet I don't hate it. I wondered if Yunjae was doing okay, that child didn't deserve to suffer so much, it pained me to see a little kid this way. I didn't realise as I fell asleep, my mind occupied with thoughts about that particular man.

✿✿✿✿✿

Jungwon's POV:

"It's like a Polaroid love.." I was humming the song that I recently took a liking to. This song reminds me of Jake Hyung every time I listen to it. I started catching feelings since the first day I saw him. I could finally find love again, after...after Sunoo left me. I never thought I'd actually be able to get over him, ever. If only, I was there to save him...I could feel my eyes tear a bit, it has been 5 years, yet every time I thought about him, I couldn't help but feel guilty. "I hope you're happy to see me doing what I always wanted, Sun. I think I finally found love again..." I said while looking at a picture of him and me, in our college year. I honestly never thought I'll be able to love again, Sunoo had scarred me enough for life. I don't know, but I'm scared of love now, I know I like Jake hyung, but what ....what if he doesn't like me back-? No way, no way can that happen... I am good enough for him, I can take care of him, give him all the things he wants, love him lots too...he would definitely choose me if I confessed to him, he would like me too, right?

✿✿✿✿✿

Word count: 815

Author's note: That was it for this chapter! And is Jay falling in love? What do you think happened to Sunoo? Comment down your thoughts and don't forget to vote if you can! Love you all<3. Also, sorry for this short chapter! I'll try to make longer ones <3

~Poppy🤍