✿FOUR✿

Previously: "Please be okay,my son" I prayed as I hurriedly made my way to the hospital.

At Seoul National Hospital

Jake's POV 

I was shaking with anxiety. As soon as I reached the place, I rushed inside the hospital, my mind clouded with worry. I asked the receptionist about my son, and she said that he had been taken to the emergency room. I hurriedly made my way to the location, to be met with Yunjae's teacher and a few other school staff. "Oh, Mr.Shim, you're here?" I nodded, unable to form words, I couldn't think of anything else other than Yunjae. "Is my son okay? Is Yunjae okay? What happened to him?How did it happen?" I bombarded her with questions after questions. "Sir, he was playing with his friends, but suddenly felt his chest aching, and fainted. We rushed him to the hospital, the doctors are checking him up." She replied. I could feel my eyes burning, what if something happens to him- no no, I can't think about negative things, he'll be fine, he has to be. 

After what felt like eternity, the doctors came out. A middle-aged man came to me, he was the one who checked Yunjae. "Are you Yunjae's father?" He asked, with a serious tone. "Yes, sir." I replied. "Well...he is currently okay, and has been put to sleep.It will be good if a cardiologist checks him up. We just wanted your permission to-" "Yes, I'm more than willing. If necessary, bring the best cardiologist in South Korea, I will do anything for my son to be fine again." I said, if it means to borrow money, I will do that. Yunjae is my life, and I'll do everything for him. "Okay, as you please. We have asked him to be here, he'll come soon." The doctor said and asked me to follow him to the reception, for signing the papers. 

✿✿✿✿✿

Jay's POV: 
I was in my chamber, checking some reports of patients until a nurse hurriedly came in. "Dr. Park, there's an emergency." I stopped my work and looked up at her, asking her to continue. "Sir, a patient has been taken to the emergency room, the doctors are suspecting him to have some kind of heart ailment, and want you to be there as soon as possible. The tests have been done, reports are yet to come. " The nurse informed me. "Okay, let's go. '' I said and we left to check the patient in the emergency room.

As soon as I reached the place, I saw Dr. Song and Dr. Lee coming my way. "Oh Park, you're here, let's go." On the way, they briefed me about the patient. As soon as I entered, I saw a boy, not more than 7-8 year old laying on the bed, he was sleeping. "He's the patient?" I asked, my eyes still on the little one. "Yes Park, and we are suspecting him to have some heart ailment." I sighed, he must be in a lot of pain. I slightly caressed his head and waited for the reports to come.After the reports came, I started reviewing them, and what I found was not something pleasant. There was congestion  in a heart vessel, but it was mild, which might be reduced with medications. "Who's the child's parent? I need to talk to them." I asked. "His father has gone that way to sign some documents." "Call him." 

✿✿✿✿✿

Jake's POV: 

After signing the documents, I came back and saw the doctors waiting for me. I hurried towards them. "Mr. Shim, Dr.Park, the cardiologist, wants to talk to you." They said and asked me to enter the cabin. As soon as I entered, I saw Yun laying on the bed, my heart ached at the sight of him. He looked so pale, as if there's no blood in his body. Beside him, I saw a man with black hair, he seemed to be young. "That's Dr. Park" I nodded and went towards him. I saw him stand up and turn towards him, and he indeed was very young. Black hair slicked back, sharp eagle eyes which gave off an intimidating vibe, sharp nose that stood tall and thin, beautiful lips. "So, are you Yunjae's father, Mr.Shim Jaeyun?" He asked, voice deep yet composed. "Yes sir." "Have a seat." He ushered me to sit opposite to me and informed me about the reports. "Yunjae's reports have come, and he has been diagnosed with congestion in a heart vessel." He informed me. I felt everything stopping, slowly mingling into darkness. Congestion in a heart vessel. The tears that I've been holding in, started streaming down my face, I couldn't stop them. 

✿✿✿✿✿

Jay's POV: 

On informing Yunjae's father about his ailment, I saw him freezing on the spot. I totally understand him though, I know how it feels. On observing Mr.Shim's face, I could see the resemblance Between the son and father duo- beautiful eyes, pointed yet delicate nose, beautiful full lips. I have never seen such a beautiful man before. I- I don't know what happened to me, but I had this sudden urge to go and wipe his tears, tell him that everything is going to be alright- but I controlled myself. He'll probably think I'm a creep if I do so. After staring at him for a good few moments, I averted my eyes when I saw him looking at me, his eyes a bit red from the crying, but determination flashing in them. "How can this be treated? Does he need to undergo a-a surgery?" He asked, stuttering a bit- he was clearly worried. I tried to assure him. "Well from what I see, the congestion is mild. He might not need to undergo a surgery, if the medications work, which I hopefully, will.We shall keep him under observation for a few months.Also, don't worry about him. I'll do my best to make sure Yunjae is fine, and healthy." I saw him staring at me for a few seconds, his lips breaking out into a smile. The corners of my mouth lifted automatically on seeing him smile. "Thank you so much, Dr.Park." I could feel his genuine gratefulness towards me. "No need, Mr. Shim, he is my patient, his well being is my responsibility from now on. Just make sure he takes his medicines on time, and comes to the appointments daily." I informed him. "I'll make sure of that, by the way may I know-" "Park Jongseong, it is." I replied before he could finish his question. Did I look too eager? He nodded his head, while thanking me repeatedly. "Does he need to be in the hospital for long?" "No, he can be discharged now. But please do give him the medicines on time" I reminded him again as I handed him the prescription. 

"He will wake up in a few hours, after the dose of the medicine subsides." I informed him and before leaving, I took one last look at him, he was indeed very beautiful. A few centimetres shorter than me, but that made him look more adorable- what am I ranting about? I saw him flash me a smile and get back to sit beside Yunjae, caressing his head in an affectionate way. I left the cabin to give them some privacy, but I couldn't get my mind off the male I met. 

✿✿✿✿✿

Word count: 1,246

Author's note: 

Another chapter done, and a long one at that! Jake and Jay finally meet, and it seems Jay is feeling some things already~~ Do comment down your thoughts for this chapter! And please vote if you can! Take care, love you all<333 

~Poppy🤍