Chapter 37: Punches

Start from the beginning

"You're finally back home," He whispers before my eyes flutter close, darkness clouding my mind.

ϟ Silas ϟ

"What do you mean she left?!" Leah shouts, almost pulling her ginger hair out of her head in panic. Kayla is frozen as she has her head in her hands.

"I don't fucking know either. Max, can you track her down?" I call out in panic, my blood is boiling.

I want to fucking kill someone. And that someone is going to be that fucker.

"I can," Everyone's head turns towards the voice, seeing Rowan standing at the doorframe.

"You should be resting!" Mason yells at Rowan but he only gets an eye rollback, "I know how to track her down." Rowan speaks, already having my attention.

"I gave her the necklace you bought," He tells me and I frown until I recall that time I purchased us a matching necklace and I perhaps hid a tracker inside hers.

I thought I lost the necklaces but I guess Rowan found them.

"Look, why are we talking about necklaces?" Cayden's tone shows frustration, "Cayden-," Kayla tries to calm him down even though it doesn't work.

"No, our sister is handing herself over to protect us! We're her big brothers, we're supposed to protect her!" Cayden shouts at Griffin and Aaron next to him.

"We'll find her," Kayla mumbles, again trying to calm him down.

"I'll get the technology we need to track her," Xavier mutters before leaving, "I'll be in the kitchen," Nico mutters.

I guess I'm not the only one who's feeling terrible. No single smile is shown in this house, even Max who is always positive is not smiling anymore.

Nico whose quite a player now tells us that he's going to sit in the kitchen, but in reality, we all know he waits at the backdoor for when she decides to come back.

I notice how everyone has a lack of energy, how Rowan fidgets with her favourite knives she used on missions or how Elias keeps staring at her paintings on the walls.

Also, Leo doesn't take as many pictures like he used to. He barely touches his camera. Instead, he's working with Max trying to track mi amore down.

"We found something," Rowan calls out and I'm already sprinting over to them.

Hang on mi amore.

☾︎ Maeve ☽︎

My eyes feel even heavier than normal, my limbs tingling as I struggle to open my eyes. A beam of light shines on my face, and I try to move my right arm but now see that it's cuffed to a table.

I'm laying on a cold marble floor, still wearing the same clothes I did earlier. Wait- how long was I out for?

"You're awake," I flinch, hearing Ethan's voice speak. His figure retreats from the shadows, a creepy grin on his face.

"You've been passed out for 5 hours," He answers the question I was thinking about. 5 hours? Did someone notice I was gone?