chapter 4

Mo, Cherry, Penny, Atticus, and Cody were tied up to chairs now as this man who they learned was named Pervical McLeach was looking to them with knives he was going to throw at the map behind them to find out where the endangered golden eagle Marahute was hiding. Atticus began to break through his ropes without McLeach noticing. 

"I just realized something... His name's McLeach, right?" Mo asked quietly.

"Uh-huh, so?" Penny asked her.

"My grandmother's last name was McLeach..." Mo said softly. "And he seems familiar..."

McLeach came to them, asking them where the eagle might be and threw his knives, luckily, they weren't stabbed, he just wanted to scare them into confessing.

"We'll never tell you!" Cherry sneered.

"Yeah, we'll never tell you!" Atticus said while breaking the ropes without McLeach noticing.

"Oh, but I think you all have no choice..." McLeach grinned darkly. 

Mo glared, she didn't know why this man looked so familiar to her, but she just wanted to get out of here. Atticus continued to break through the ropes until he was free. Penny looked over to Atticus, she was a little more shocked than relieved.

"My animal friends will help!" Cody huffed.

"Oh, you mean your little friends who are locked up right now?" McLeach taunted, he showed a little prison-like room where the animals were locked up and Joanna had the key.

Atticus then began to break Penny, Mo, Cherry, and Cody free with ease, thanks to his strength.  This shocked McLeach, seeing that the kids had somehow broke free from the ropes.

"I'm impressed, boy, you got guts," McLeach said about Atticus, before shoving him against the wall firmly. "For a second there, I thought you were as spineless as my father!" He was then surprised as Atticus grabbed his arm and threw him across the room, landing straight into a wall.

McLeach snarled, then came back to get to the kids, cornering them. 

"I told you, I don't remember!" Cody still refused to reveal about Marahute.

"Don't you realize a bird that size is worth a fortune?" McLeach bribed them. "I'll split the money 50/50, you can't get an offer better than that!"

"You won't have any money after the rangers get you!" Penny hissed.

McLeach growled, these kids were stubborn, he kicked the boiling pot near his fire over, which startled Joanna. 

"Good Cody, don't give in." Cherry said to the boy.

Mo nodded in agreement, then sighed. "There's gotta be a way out of here."

"Yeah, there's just gotta be." Atticus agreed .

"You all ain't going nowhere," McLeach told them, he then grabbed them and took them to a little jail-like area. "I'm giving you all one last chance!" 

"Hey, let us go!" Mo snapped.

"Oh, I'll let ya go alright." McLeach taunted.

Angel stopped for a moment, panting a bit. "Ooh... I don't feel so good..." she murmured, looking like she was going to pass out. She hadn't had a drink of water since they left the humans.

"It would be great to get a drink." Scamp said.

"Uh-huh..." Angel agreed. "Let's get some water..."