6.

Chase's POV:

Sweetie.

I freaked out. My crush came here, and I'll be meeting her. But probably Gasket saw it and nudged me.

"Are you alright?" She quietly asked me. I nodded but still couldn't get over the fact Sweetie is here. She looked at the car and it hit her.

"So it's Sweetie." She said, proud of herself. I blushed when I heard it. I was nervous while we were walking down to the town hall. But at least we were in front and I was walking in between Gasket and Marshall, so nobody saw me blushing. We stopped in front of the car as we saw Earl opening the doors for the royals.

"People of Adventure Bay, presenting your highness, princess of Barkingburg." He opened the door and the princess got out. "and her royal pup, Sweetie!"Sweetie jumped down. She is so pretty. I started staring at her. Just then, she looked at me. I immediately shook my head and looked somewhere else, so it wouldn't be weird.

"I invited princess and her pup to help us decorate our town tree." Mayor Goodway said and pointed at the tree in the middle of the town garden. They all cheered and many of them walked back home. The royals, we, and Mayor Goodway stayed as we started to bring the decorations from the town hall outside. But the problem is, Sweetie was helping us. I was blushing so hard that I tried to hide it with my hat. Come on Chase, try to be cool. I said to myself and tried not to blush. But I saw Sweetie and immediately went back to red Chase.

Sweetie's POV:

I was worried about Chase. He was ignoring me the whole time I was here. If I went to talk to him, he would look down and run away from me. Did I do something wrong? 

"Alright, pups, time for a break," Ryder shouted at us. I went over to the beach for the time and just laid there.

"Hi there."

I looked behind me and saw a husky. 

"Hey, Everest. How are you?" "I'm good. I'm really happy that you changed. It's easier to be with you now, no offense." She said and laid next to me. I nodded and smiled.

"Can I ask you something?" "Yeah, sure, go ahead." She replied playfully. I sighed and asked her.

"Is Chase in love with Skye?" She looked at me, confused. But then she looked back at the sea.

"Well, it's kinda really strange. Skye has had a massive crush on him for years but never said to him anything. But, as far as I know, Chase likes someone else, and never loved her." She explained. So I still have a chance! But I looked at Everest. She was pretty, indeed, he could love her.

"And can't he love you, possibly?" I asked her. She laughed.

"Oh, certainly no. He knows I have a boyfriend now, and even then we are like siblings." She told me.

"I need to go, but I'll say something. He never loved someone you knew." And with that, she ran away. I lay there, still processing what she said. So maybe he loves that other husky. Or possibly a boy. I eventually got up and went to help them with the decorations. But thought to myself, that I should talk to Chase, but I don't know how.

"You did a great job Paw Patrol, Ryder, and Sweetie. Your tree will look beautiful!" Lucy said. We finished decorating it and looked at it. It was indeed a piece of art. But I saw Chase was trying to distance from me. I was confused. Why is he like this to me? Just then, Lucy came to me.

"Are you going to be with pups? I and Katie are going on a 'girl's evening', so you can come if you want." Lucy asked me. I thought I could use this opportunity. 

"Thanks, but I'll stay here." She nodded and walked away with Katie. I looked around for Chase. He was alone laying next to the bench. I quietly walked to him.

"Don't need to go away Chase," I told him as I was coming closer. He looked at me and I saw him ... blushing?

"H-Hey S-Sweetie." He stuttered. I saw that he is nervous, so I just laid next to him. But it didn't help, he started shivering. Why is he shaking? 

"Are you alright?" I asked him, curious why is he shaking. He nodded and looked away from me. Have I done something wrong? I moved closer to him and playfully nuzzled him. He got up and ran away. I got up and tried to run after him, but he was really fast. I stood there and watched him run away. I started crying. He still hates me! 

Chase's POV:

"Marshall! Open!" I knocked at his pup house. I heard things fall inside and then saw the doors opening. There was Marshall, and behind him, I saw a husky tail.

"Yea, Chase?" He asked. I motioned to him to get out. I walked with him to a tree. He looked confused.

"Okay, Chase. Something's wrong." He said. I nodded.

"Well, I, um, ran away." "Ran away from who?" Marshall asked me. I sighed.

"From Sweetie." His eyes were wide-open. "S-She came to m-me and she n-nuzzled me. I was so nervous that I ran away from her." I fell down on the ground and started crying. He placed his paw on my back. I turned to him and hugged him.

"I'll never tell that I love her Marshall!" I sobbed on his shoulder. He tried to comfort me but failed.

"Chase, it's gonna be okay. You have tomorrow to tell her, and I doubt she will say no." I looked at him as he said that.

"H-How d-do y-you know that?" I asked him between sobs.

"Well, she did say something, but look at her. The whole time she had been here she was looking at you." Marshall said. I wiped my tears and looked at him. It was true, she was looking at me the whole time. I eventually stopped crying.

"Thanks, Marsh. You are the best." I embraced him again in a hug. He returned it to me.

"Anytime Chase, I would help you whenever I can." I broke the hug and we separated. He went back to his pup house and I ran back to the town hall. When I got there, only mayor Goodway was there.

"Hey, Mayor Goodway. Where is everyone?" "Oh, hi Chase. They all left some time ago." She said, irritated. Then I saw Ryder running to me angrily. I moved slightly backward till I hit Katie. Ryder came to me and started.

"What have you done?" He shouted. I've done what? I was confused.

"Chase, if she won't come here again because of you, I'll be very angry at you. You disappointed me." He said. I still didn't know what happened.

"W-What have I've d-done?" "Oh, I don't know, maybe made her pup cry?" I stood there. "Chase, Sweetie was crying so much that princess came back from Katie's and they eventually drove away. The only thing that she said, was 'Chase...'. So, what have you did to her?" Ryder finished. Katie and Ryder gave me serious stares.

"I-I didn't d-do a-anything."