5.

Chase's POV:

I was playing with Marshall in the park. We were chasing each other. I was obviously winning. But still wasn't sure about the gift for Sweetie. Will she like it?

"Come on Chase, again?" I snapped out of my thoughts when I heard. "Come on, it was the third time today. What's wrong?" Marshall asked me. I was staring at nothing when I was thinking.

"Well, Uhm, nothing. I just thought about something." I replied, trying to hide it. Marshall nudged me.

"If you are thinking that I won't get it out of you, you are very wrong." He tackled me to the ground. We were laughing too much that other people were looking at us.

"Marshall, I've never seen you so happy, what changed you?" I asked him laughing. He got off me and sat down.

"Well, I got together with Everest, finally," Marshall said. I was happy for him, that he and Everest are finally together.

"Congrats!" I said. 

"And what about you? Finally ready to make a move on Skye?" He winked at me. Why does this question exist? I gave him a stare.

"Marshall, I've never loved Skye, and you know that. She isn't as attractive to me as Swet-" I noticed what I was saying. I quickly put my paw on my mouth.

"Wow, so Sweetie is the lucky one?" Marshall figured it out. I sighed and nodded.

"That's cool bro. But are you sure she is the one? I mean, she did a lot of shady stuff lately, like she planted a bomb somewhere, and tried to hide crown in the wall." Marshall asked me. Then it hit me. They thought, that Sweetie was doing something bad when she was trying to get me out. I was starting to get angrier.

"She didn't do anything bad!" I shouted at him, he backed away, "You know how I got out of that basement or what was that? Sweetie was the one who saved me!" I shouted in anger at Marshall.

"C-Chase, c-calm d-down." He stuttered the words as he was scared of me, possibly. I calmed down and sat back.

"Sorry Marsh, it's just, you all think she is just an evil and greedy pup. But she's not." I said while I was taking a deep breath as I was calming down. Marshall got up from the ground, walked to me, and hugged me.

"I'm sorry too, and I hope that you and Sweetie will be together." He said. I hugged him back. After a while, we let go and started walking towards the lookout.

"And are you going to tell her that tomorrow?" Marshall asked me. I didn't know the answer.

"Well, I'll try," I replied to him. We walked to the lookout where Ryder and the rest were eating breakfast. I noticed Skye looking at me weirdly. 

What could possibly go wrong tomorrow? 

Barkingburg castle

Lucy, Earl, and almost everyone were running around the castle. They were getting ready for tomorrow's Christmas party. They were cleaning the castle, getting out the tables, moving stuff, and so on. But someone was up on the castle tower and just laying. 

Sweetie was looking at the sunset now, holding in her paws a small gift-wrapped box. 

Sweetie's POV:

I just finished the gift for Chase. I really tried my best, but I really hope he likes it. I walked down to the hall, to see people doing stuff. I just ignored it and went outside to just walk. But then I saw a mailman.

"Hello, I have a mail for the princess. May I know where do I find her?" The mailman asked me. 

"Hello, I'll give it to her, thanks." He handed me the letter and I grabbed it. I went inside and went to Lucy's workroom.

"Hey Sweetie, how are you?" She noticed me and asked me. She was signing some papers. I handed her the letter but she pushed it back to me.

"Open it for me, I don't have time now." I nodded and opened the letter. It looked like an invitation. I started reading it for Lucy.

Merry Christmas princess of Barkingburg. 
I would like to invite you to this nice evening, exactly one day before your Christmas party, to Adventure Bay. We will be pleased if you could come, given that you have a lot of work.
Signed, Mayor Goodway.

"Adventure Bay? Today?" Princess asked. I nodded. "Sweetie, do you want to go with me?" I raised my head from the letter.

"And you want to go there?" "I wanted to finish the work, but I have almost everything done, so we will go to Adventure Bay. I need to change before, go ask Earl to prepare the car." She said to me and ran away. I walked down to find Earl.

"Hello, Earl, princess, and I are in need to get driven to Adventure Bay," I told him. He ran outside, probably to get to the car. I pushed the button on my pup tag to call Busby to me. I walked outside to wait for Lucy. But she was fast and she was running, now in her dress, to me. Then, the car got here. We got in and the Earl drove us to Adventure Bay. Given that it is only about 100 kilometers away, the time changed from almost night to almost lunch.

"Are you going to tell Chase?" Lucy asked me quietly. I blushed when I heard his name.

"N-No, I need to wait for the right time," I told her. I pictured everything like I was a small puppy. I wanted to tell him that I have feelings for him just on Christmas day. But now, in about an hour, I'll meet him again. I don't know why, but I became super nervous when we got closer to Adventure Bay. I slightly opened up the window and looked outside. Everywhere was snow. After some time, we arrived at Adventure Bay. I saw people decorating their trees, houses. Some of them were singing, some of them were giving away hot tea and cakes. Aww, this place is lovely. I've never been here before, so I didn't know how this looks. We stopped and some woman was walking closer to us. With a chicken? 

"Hello, Earl, princess, and Sweetie. Glad you could make it today." She told us.

"Come inside mayor Goodway," Lucy told her. She got in the front seat and we drove to the town hall. It started to get a little cold, so I put on my scarf and my hat. I didn't know who will be there or why are we here in the first place, but I tried to stay calm. Just then, I saw someone through the window.

Chase's POV:

"Pups, time to go to the town hall," Ryder called on us. We were supposed to get there for some surprise. I put on my hat and ran outside with Marshall, waiting for others. Even Everest came to visit us for Christmas, as Jake has gone to meet his family abroad. But Marshall was with her most of the time. We started walking to the town hall but stopped in front of Katie's parlor.

"Wait for me, pups," Ryder said and ran inside. We waited a while until Ryder came out. He was holding Katie. But behind her was Gasket, with a custom-made scarf and hat, probably by Katie. We continued to walk. I had a little talk with Gasket and Marshall while we were walking down. 

As we got there, everyone was standing on the road. Are they waiting for someone? Just then, a car drove by and I saw who was in the car. 

Sweetie.