4.

Chase arrived at the Adventure City train station and hopped on the subway, which has a stop near the lookout. When he got out and walked to the lookout. He got in, rode the elevator, and saw Liberty playing pup-pup boogie.

"Hey, Liberty." He said. She jumped up when he heard him. She looked behind and saw Chase. She immediately ran to him and hugged him.

"Chase! What are you doing here?" She asked him. He thought if he say it to her.

"I-I'm going to buy something tomorrow. So I came today to get it tomorrow." He tried his hardest to not give too many details. But Liberty being Liberty, wanted to know better.

"And what? Something for someone?" Liberty told him, giggling. Chase blushed. "So something for some lucky pup, right?" "Y-Yeah." Chase was blushing really hard. Liberty nudged him.

"So, finally wanna confess to Skye?" Liberty asked. Chase hated hearing that sentence. He never loved Skye but didn't know why everyone thought that he loves her. 

"N-No, it's not Skye." She looked at him confused. 

"From what Rocky told me, Everest has someone alre-" "It's Sweetie." Chase finally dropped the cover. Liberty gasped.

"That Sweetie? The greedy royal pup?" Chase nodded. "You love Sweetie? That's great!" Liberty shouted. Chase looked up. 

"You really think so? Because in other's eyes she is just a greedy and evil pup." Chase sighed. Liberty hugged him.

"If she wasn't there, I wouldn't be today here, I would be still locked in some room," Chase told Liberty about what happened to him in Barkingburg.

"So, she must feel something towards you too. I mean, why would she find you before Ryder and the pups?" Liberty said to him. Chase sighed and tried to speak, but Liberty was faster.

"Look, if she wouldn't feel something to you, would she even try to look for you? No. So then go for it! Give her some gift, some jewel, or some necklace." Liberty told her friend.

"That's why I came here, Liberty," Chase said. 

"Great! We'll go look tomorrow in the morning!" Liberty said.

Does she really feel something for me too?

Flappington castle

"Wow, these smell really good!" Lucy said as she was walking through the gardens. 

"Yeah, some of them are from the jungle, some of them are from tropical islands," Eduard said. They were walking around the castle, talking. Lucy tried to cheer Sweetie but had no luck. At least she could walk faster than before. No one was in the castle, due to having family time. They were allowed to do anything, and for Lucy, this was perfect, because she hated her dress.

Sweetie, on the other hand, was still thinking about Chase, and how to tell him that she loves him. Should I give him a gift? Oh yes, I need to! Because of Christmas! She smiled. Lucy was looking at her and smiled too.

"Guess she is starting to feel a lot better, isn't she?" Eduard told and they both giggled.

"Oh, you wanted to show me the tricks you trained Jean-Claude," Lucy remembered. He nodded and ran to get him.

"Sweetie, don't worry. Chase is a really nice pup, he won't curse at you or say something bad. After all, I think he liked you too." Sweetie raised her head to look into Lucy's eyes. 

"You think so?" She asked. Lucy nodded and patted her pup. Finally, Sweetie shrugged it off and was smiling as always. 

"I'm back!" They both heard Eduard and saw him running with his pet. They spent the evening playing with their pets and talking.

The next day

Chase woke up due to Liberty shaking him to wake up.

"Liberty, it's 7 o'clock, stop." He said still sleeping.

"You want to get the gist for Sweetie? So get up now! Or else..." She backed from his bed. Chase still didn't get up. Liberty took a deep breath and jumped on him with full force.

"Ouch. Liberty!" Chase said.

"Learned that from Rocky, he said that was the only thing that could wake you up, apart from yourself. Now get up." He sighed and walked behind Liberty to have breakfast. As they finished eating, they went to the subway stop and traveled to one of the malls. 

"Okay, so, jewelry is first," Liberty said and pointed at the shop. Chase sighed.

This is going to be a long day.

Flappington castle

"Bye, princess!" Eduard waved at his cousin as they were leaving for Barkingburg. Sweetie was again laying down.

"Your Highness, is something wrong with your royal pet, princess Sweetie?" Earl asked from the front of the car. 

"No, she is alright, just exhausted." Princess lied. She knew that Sweetie hated answering questions from other people than a royal person. 

As they came to Barkingburg, Sweetie jumped out of the car and ran inside the castle to her room. She thought what she would give Chase. Do I give him some toys? Or just some money? No, wait, I have a perfect idea. She came inside her lab and tried to find something. Where is it? She looked everywhere. After a while, she gave up and went back up to lay down. 

Adventure City

Chase was exhausted after a day in the mall, running through shops with Liberty, he finally found the gift she wanted to give her. It was a necklace with a special chain made from silver and titanium, and in the middle was a small heart-shaped real diamond.

"I hope she'll like it." Chase looked at the bag they put the necklace in.

"Of course! But remember, it's only a gift. The real thing happens only when you say it to her." Liberty warned him. He sighed as they were walking back to the train station.

"Are you coming to that Christmas party?" Chase asked his friend. She nodded.

"Great! I heard from a lot of people who will come, so I'm gonna be excited." Chase told her and hugged her. She hugged him back. They waved at each other and Chase got inside the train. He looked at the bag beside him. Will she like it? He then laid down and fell asleep.

Dream:

"How could you be so naive?" Sweetie shouted at Chase. It was the Christmas party and Chase gained the courage to tell Sweetie that he loves her. But Sweetie was still Sweetie. "B-But, you saved me." "And I shouldn't. I could just let you die there. But why do you think telling me that you love me was a good idea? I would never like someone as ugly as you!" Sweetie shouted at Chase. Chase, laying down on the floor, scared of the terrier. She walked to him and spit on his face. "Stupid mutt."

Dream end:

Chase woke up, just before Adventure Bay. He shook the dream he had and packed his things. He got out of the train and onto his parked car there. He sighed. What if she really hates me? He drove back to the lookout and saw everyone sleeping. He quietly parked his car, turned it back to pup house, and laid down. Christmas is in 2 days.

I'm confused about this part too but will try to finally do something to move forward with the storyline, I promise.