Chapter 6- Halloween Dance

"So wait your emergency regarding Sam was for me to spend my night at a high school dance?" Y/N questioned. Y/N was annoyed that Daniel had interrupted her dat- her catching up with Johnny but she thought he had a good reason. Turns out that reason was begging her to help chaperone Sam's Halloween dance.

"Please, N/N. I don't trust Kyler and I just want to make sure that he doesn't try anything with Sam." Daniel pleaded. "Sam it's a tough girl. She can hold her own." Y/N reasoned. "I know she can. I just want to be there just in case."

Y/N sighed. "Fine if it'll get you to shut up then I'll go." She grumbled. Daniel smiled. "You're the best." He said. "Tell me something I don't know." She teased. Daniel rolled his eyes with a smile before exiting the room.

"You know, he used to have a crush on you," Amanda said. Y/N choked on her wine. "What?" She spluttered. "He had a crush on you in high school. He used to tell me about how hard it was seeing you with Johnny." Amanda smiled. "Are you sure he wasn't talking about Ali?" Y/N questioned. "Oh, I'm sure. Speaking of Johnny, has anything happened between you two?" Amanda asked, raising her eyebrows suggestively.

Y/N felt her cheeks heat up, making Amanda gasp. "Something did happen! Tell me!" She exclaimed. "Well after Daniel and I went to the dojo, me and Johnny started texting and we went out," Y/N replied. "Like a date?" Amanda asked, leaning forward like she was on the edge of her seat. "No, well, er, I'm not sure if I'm being honest with you," Y/N admitted.

"Well, what did you guys do?"

"We met at a cafe to catch up for a bit and then we went to Golf N Stuff."

"Golf N Stuff? Why'd he take you there?"

"It's where we had our first date."

Amanda smiled. "Y/N, I think you guys went on a date." She said. "No-I-we- we were just catching up." Y/N stammered. "Yeah, catching up on your feelings for each other." Amanda joked. "He doesn't still have feelings for me." Y/N insisted. "I think he does. And I think you still have feelings for him." Amanda said.

Y/N didn't respond. Did she still have feelings for him? Did he still have feelings for her? Did he want to get back together with her? Did she want to get back with him? There were so many unanswered questions that Y/N desperately wanted to be answered. Y/N shook her head with a sigh.

"Listen, Amanda, Johnny was the first man I ever loved, and yeah I may still love him but we're different people now. I've moved on with my life and so has he." Y/N stated. Amanda smiled sympathetically. "I think you're over-complicating things for yourself, Y/N. Just talk to him. I'm sure he loves you just as much as you love him." She reassured. She reached over and squeezed Y/N's hand with a smile. Maybe Amanda was right. Maybe all Y/N needed was to talk to Johnny. Maybe.
---------------------------------------------
"Thank you guys so much for reaching out to chaperone. It was so kind of you." Vice Principal Blatt gushed to Daniel and Y/N. Y/N gave her a tight-lipped smile, having to resist rolling her eyes. She was never a big fan of Blatt. Even back in high school when Blatt was just a classmate. She was the type of student that reminded the teacher about the homework.

"Well, I just wanna make sure the kids are having a good night," Daniel replied with a smile. "Sure, that's the reason," Y/N muttered. Daniel jabbed his elbow into her ribs while Blatt looked around with an admiring smile. "Ow! Screw you, LaRusso." Y/N yelped.

Daniel ignored her as he fished his phone out of his pocket to check the text Sam had sent him. "You're a ghost." It teased. Daniel rolled his eyes before tucking his phone away. "I'm guessing she's not happy to see you?" Y/N asked sarcastically. Daniel just shot her a glare.

"Punch?" Blatt offered, handing the two of them each a cup. "Oh, thanks," Y/N said, taking the cup. "I was kind of hoping you two would show up in a costume." She said, her eyes more focused on Daniel. "Maybe a karate gi?" She suggested with a playful tone in her voice. Y/N nearly choked on her punch.