Chapter 4- The Dojo

"Daniel, slow down!" Y/N yelled as Daniel sped down the road. "I can't believe him! I thought he would change but no he's the same old Johnny Lawrence." Daniel spat as he sped through a yellow light. "I'm sure there's a reasonable explanation, Daniel." Y/N tried.

Daniel grunted in annoyance. "You're always defending him," Daniel said. "Not always." Y/N defended. "Yes, ALWAYS," Daniel emphasized. "Well, what about when he beat you up on Halloween? I didn't defend him then, did I?" Y/N asked. Daniel clenched his jaw in annoyance as he pulled into the mini-mall. "That's what I thought."

The two hopped out of the car and walked up to the dojo. Daniel opened the door and the two walked in, making the bell above the door jingle. The two looked around, taking in the red and black floor mats and the giant Cobra Kai logo painted on the wall. "Welcome to Cobra Kai." Johnny's voice rang.

The two looked up to see Johnny come out of a room and Y/N's breath caught in her throat as she took him in. He had shaved his scruff and the marks on his face had faded. His messy blonde hair seemed a little tamer and he was wearing a tight-fitting shirt with the sleeves rolled up, showing off his muscular arms. Pull yourself together Y/N.

"Some things never change," Daniel said. "Yeah, what are you talking about?" Johnny asked, his eyes flickering over to Y/N. She was wearing a waist-clenching dress that accentuated her figure and a pair of high heels. she was wearing minimal makeup and her hair was styled the way Johnny liked it. She looked beautiful. Of course, she has to be with LaRusso when she looks that good.

"I heard you beat up a bunch of teenagers in that parking lot out there," Daniel replied, jerking his thumb to the parking lot. "Oh, that. No. I didn't beat up any teenagers. I kicked the shit out of a bunch of assholes who deserved it." Johnny remarked with a smirk as he moved forward.

Daniel scoffed. "Wow. Johnny Lawrence calling someone else an asshole. That's rich man." Daniel chuckled. Johnny glared at him. "What's that supposed to mean?" He asked. "I-look, I'm not here to rehash the past. Just stay away from my daughter's friends." Daniel demanded. Johnny gave an amused smile at this.

"Your daughter's friends? Yeah, that makes sense. Nice company she keeps."

"What the hell is that supposed to mean?"

"It means those friends of hers were wailing on a kid half their size. Maybe you don't know your daughter as well as you think you do. Get your house in order, LaRusso."

"Who the hell do you think you're talking to?"

Daniel moved forward, stopping no more than 10 feet from Johnny. The two men stood there, their fists clenched at their sides. "Alright, let's not do this-" Y/N started, ready to step between them. "Bathrooms'c clean!" A voice yelled, cutting her off. "Is there anything else you need me to do?"

A young boy, who couldn't be older than 16, came out of the bathroom with a towel and a bottle in his hand. He had fair brown skin, jet black hair, and brown eyes. Johnny put his hand up, signaling the boy to stay back. "Oh! I'm sorry, Sensei. I-" The boy started before Daniel cut him off. "Sensei? Really? Oh my God, kid. I don't know what he's told you but you shouldn't believe a word this guy says, or you're going to end up exactly like him."

"Daniel, stop it." Y/N scolded, glaring at him. Daniel rolled his eyes. "Whatever. You and I...This... we aren't done." Daniel said, before turning around to leave. "I'm right here, man." Johnny challenged, raising his arms. Daniel scoffed. "See you in the car, Y/N." He said before walking out the door.

"So, I see you brought Cobra Kai back," Y/N stated once the door slammed close. "I did," Johnny replied. "Even after..." Y/N trailed off, nearly forgetting they weren't alone. "Yes, after all that." Johnny finished. "Well, who's your student?"

"Oh, I'm Miguel. Miguel Diaz." The boy introduced, moving forward to shake her hand. "Well nice to meet you, Miguel. I'm Y/N L/N. If your sensei has told you anything about me, it's not true." She winked, making the boy blush. Johnny smiled. "All I've told him about you was how hot you were back in high school." He teased. "Oh, well then that was true." She laughed.

Miguel watched the two adults, confused about their interaction. "Well, I better get going. Can't leave Daniel waiting too long." Y/N said after a beat of silence. She turned around to leave when Johnny caught her wrist. "I was just-uh-wondering, do you think we could, I don't know, hang out or something?" He asked, unsure. Y/N smirked.

"Is the Johnny Lawrence nervous to ask out a girl?" She teased. Johnny rolled his eyes. "Well, it's not just A GIRL. It's you." He said. Y/N's face flushed. She definitely wasn't expecting that response. "Well to answer your question, yes we can. Here's my number." She said, handing him a card.

Johnny took the card with a smile. "I'll text you." He said. "You better." She teased. "You think I'd let a pretty girl like you hanging? Not a chance." He teased back. Y/N smiled at this. "I've gotta go. Nice meeting you Miguel. I'll see you later, Lawrence." She winked before turning around. "You sure will, Princess."

Y/N turned over her shoulder and shot him a smile before walking out the door of the dojo. "She's really pretty," Miguel stated. Johnny grinned. "She's more than pretty, kid." He said, watching her get into Daniel's car. He tried to ignore the familiar feeling of jealousy that settled in the pit of his stomach as he watched Daniel pull out of the parking lot.

Johnny always hated how close the two were, even though he knew she would never cheat on him. Especially with LaRusso. But Johnny couldn't stop himself from feeling angry every time the two talked or hung out or interacted, really.

Johnny shook his head. Y/N was his girl. Well, not right now but Johnny was still working on that. They were grown up now. They were different people. They both had gone down different paths, had experienced different things. Maybe they wouldn't work out as they did in high school. No, Johnny thought, it'll work out.

Johnny's only problem was figuring out how to get her back. Y/N was stubborn, Johnny knew that much. Hell, it took her weeks to become his friend, let alone his girlfriend. Maybe she didn't want him back. Maybe she moved on. He didn't know if she was married or had kids or anything. It's time to find out.
-----------------------------------
A/N this chapter feels rushed for some reason but I hope you guys like it.