Chapter 2- The Reunion

Johnny sped walked through the dealership as fast as he could, hoping he could just get out of the building before Daniel showed up. That was the last thing he needed right now. On top of losing his job, getting arrested, and getting his car run into by a bunch of dumb teenagers, he didn't need to see arrogant Daniel LaRusso.

Johnny's life went downhill after high school. Or more specifically after Y/N left for college. He tried to keep it together, foolishly holding onto the idea that she would come back soon. But when a month turned into a year and a year turned into two, Johnny realized she wasn't coming back. And that's when he fell apart.

He spent the rest of his teens and 20s drinking and partying way more than he should've. He slept around trying to get over his heartbreak but no girl he found seemed to fill the void that was in his heart. He partied even more in his 30s while everyone around him seemed to grow up. Jimmy met a girl and got married, Bobby became a pastor and even Tommy found a job he liked. Dutch had tried to grow up but he only ended up getting thrown in prison for who knows what.

He soon met a girl and started dating her, telling himself that he had moved on from Y/N. It was foolish for him, really, to still be in love with her but he couldn't help it. He thought they were going to get married and spend the rest of their lives together. Look how that turned out.

He started dating the girl, named Shannon, before getting her pregnant. Johnny was scared out of his wits when she told him this. He wasn't ready to be a father. His father abandoned him when he was a kid, his stepfather was the biggest piece of shit on the face of the Earth and the only other father figure he had tried to kill him and threatened to kill his girlfriend while breaking her nose. So Johnny didn't exactly have any strong examples to follow when it came to being a father.

Shannon gave birth to a beautiful baby boy with green eyes and brown hair. His name was Robby. Johnny wasn't there for Robby's birth, or for anything in his life really. And now 16 years later, he still hadn't seen the kid. Of course, he had been there occasionally but not when it counted. And definitely not enough.

So now Johnny was alone, drinking away his days as he jumped between jobs and hid away in his crappy apartment in Reseda. It wasn't the life he envisioned himself having but life had a funny way of grabbing you by your ankles and yanking you upside down. At least that's how Johnny viewed it. Life was a cruel game and Johnny had been dealt the worst hand in it.

"Johnny?" Daniel's voice rang throughout the showroom, making him stop in his tracks. Now Johnny could just run, pretend like he didn't hear Daniel but he knew it was too late for that. Johnny slowly turned around, ready to tell Daniel off when his breath caught in his throat. Because standing right next to Daniel was the one person he thought he would never see again, the one person who made his life complete. Standing next to Daniel was Y/N L/N.

She looked just like she had when they were 17, except she seemed even more beautiful now. Her H/C hair fell around her face and her E/C eyes still shone brightly. She had barely aged at all, with minimal wrinkles and frown lines doting her face. She was wearing a waist clinching dress with a blazer jacket over it, giving her an air of sophistication and confidence. She was still the girl he fell in love with, she was just grown up now. But that didn't change anything. "Y/N?" He whispered, his voice tight in his throat.

"Johnny Lawrence!" Daniel yelled happily, walking towards Johnny with his arms spread out. This shook Johnny from his dazed state. "I knew it was you! Holy... how the hell are ya?" Daniel asked, hugging Johnny. Johnny tensed up awkwardly in Daniel's arms. "Hey, man."

Y/N stayed glued to her spot, still feeling like she was in a dream. Seeing Johnny was overwhelming for her, especially since she never got over him. He still had those soft blonde locks that Y/N loved running her hands through and his mesmerizing blue eyes that always reminded Y/N of the ocean. He had grown a scruffy beard and mustache but Y/N kind of liked it. She could see in his face though that things had been rough for him. He had aged of course but he was still just as handsome as he was in high school. Maybe even more now.

Daniel chuckled. "Oh my god, look at you. You still got those golden locks, eh? God this is crazy. How've you been?" Daniel asked, grinning broadly. Y/N never thought in her whole life she would see Daniel LaRusso hug Johnny Lawrence and ask him about his life. But then again things have changed. 

"Great, man. Thanks, I've been great." Johnny replied hesitantly. Liar. Y/N thought as Johnny's eyes darted down to his feet. "That's great. You remember Y/N, of course." Daniel teased as he gestured to Y/N. Johnny's eyes snapped up and stared at her. his blue eyes meeting hers. "How could I forget?" He questioned. This made Y/N's heart melt. 

Finally feeling like she could move her legs again, Y/N walked over to Johnny and wrapped him in a hug, his cologne wafting up her nostrils and intoxicating her senses. Johnny was taken aback by the sudden action before quickly reacting, hugging her back as her perfume filled his nostrils.

The two quickly let go of each other, remembering that they were standing in the middle of a dealership with Daniel watching them. "It's good to see you, Johnny." Y/N stated with a smile. "It's good to see you too, Y/N." He replied. This felt wrong. They had been best friends and lovers and now they were talking like they were just old school buddies who had a class or two together that bumped into each other in public. It wasn't how it should be.

"Anoush, come here! Louis, get over here! I want you to meet somebody." Daniel called to two of his employees. "I-uh- gotta go." Johnny stammered as he tried to back away. As much as he enjoyed seeing Y/N again, he just wanted to get the hell out of there. The reunion was nice but it would've been better without Daniel. LaRusso just has to ruin everything, huh?

"Na, na. This is Johnny Lawrence. He and I go way back. Right, buddy? This guy was the toughest dude in my high school. When I first moved here from Jersey, he and I...we got into a little bit. This guy really had it in for me." Daniel rambled. "Yeah, well you did move in on my girl," Johnny muttered, his eyes shooting over to Y/N. "Well, she actually wasn't your girl anymore, was she?" Daniel said with a cheeky grin. Johnny glared at him. Johnny wasn't talking about Ali and Daniel knew it. He was just being a jerk.

"I wasn't talking about Ali." Johnny spat. Daniel just kept smiling. "All right well that's all water under the bridge." Daniel dismissed, waving his hand. "Wait is this the karate guy, the guy from the tournament?" Anoush asked, pointing at Johnny. "Oh, this is the guy whose ass you kicked," Louie stated. "Uh, listen, it was a really close match. But if you wanna get technical...I kicked his face." Daniel laughed, making his Anoush and Louis laugh as well.

Y/N could tell Johnny was not amused. "I'm just busting your chops." Daniel chuckled, patting Johnny's shoulder. "It was an illegal kick," Johnny stated. "Oh, illegal? Really? Come on. What about that elbow to my knee?" Daniel asked. "Yeah, I got a warning. You got the win." Johnny replied. Before Daniel could respond, Y/N moved in between them, placing a hand on Johnny's chest and one on Daniel's shoulder.

"Down boys. No need for fighting in the showroom." She said. Daniel nodded as he turned around, telling Louie and Anoush to go back to work while he talked to his secretary Shelia. Y/N noticed her hand was still on Johnny's chest, making her cheeks flush. She quickly retracted it. "I-uh sorry." She stammered, her eyes refusing to meet his. "It's fine. I know how hard it is for you to keep your hands off of me." He teased with a grin.

Y/N finally let her eyes meet his and felt her knees grow weak as she saw that familiar glint in his eyes. "Don't get too cocky, Lawrence." She retorted. "Too late, princess." He fired back. The two looked at each other for a split second before bursting into fits of giggles. Now, this felt right. 

The two finally stopped laughing before staring at each other. "Listen Y/N-" Johnny started. Suddenly, Daniel came back over to them. "Alright Johnny let's get you taken care of." He said, placing a hand on Johnny's shoulder. "Oh-uh-yeah." Johnny stammered. Daniel gave him a wink before guiding him away from Y/N. He didn't want to leave her. He just got her back. Damn you LaRusso.

----------------------------------
A/N Hope you all enjoyed :)