17

When I woke up in the familiar tangle of arms, a sense of bliss-filled my being. However, it was immediately replaced by dread. I was going to Neville's apartment today. And soon enough, I would meet his grandmother.

Before I could panic anymore, Neville woke up and pulled my body closer to his.

"Good morning, love," He whispered in a deeply attractive rasp, pressing a kiss in the crook of my neck.

"Good morning," I giggled back and rolled out of his grip.

I realized that I was still naked and attempted to grab the drow blanket at the foot of the bed before getting up. Something about Neville seeing me in the full light while being so naked, so vulnerable, didn't sit right with me. However, once Nev realized what I was doing, he immediately pulled the blanket away and gave me a cocky smirk.

"Don't hide from me," He quirks an eyebrow as if to ask if I'm willing to challenge him. I let out a sigh of frustration and send him a sharp glare, but he knows that he's won. I stand up quickly and rush to the bathroom as fast as I can, and as I close the door in a hasty fashion, I hear Neville call, "You're gorgeous!"

Rolling my eyes, I quickly shower and get ready, putting on a comfortable outfit. When I exit the bathroom I find Neville already dressed, fiddling with his engagement ring. A simple silver band.

"Let's get breakfast and then we can walk to the apparition line," He tells me with a smile.

I nod and we walk in silence to the great hall. We meet Padma and Hannah there, and politely started a conversation with them.

"How are you doing?" I ask with a tired but polite smile.

Hannah beamed at us, "Well, and you?"

"We're doing well," I nod at her. "Could I ask, how will you two have children?"

"Oh, Minister Shaklebolt said that we can use some sort of muggle method. It's a shot that fertilizes Hannah's eggs," Padma grinned joyfully.

"Aww, well I am glad you two are happy," I gave them a quick hug before sitting down beside Ginny and Harry.

Breakfast was quiet and fairly empty due to us being up so early. When Neville finished his hashbrowns, we wished Gin and Harry goodbye and made our way down to the apparition line in comfortable silence. We accioed our bags to us and then I gripped Nevilles' arm, allowing him to apparate us to his place.

I felt the familiar feeling of being twisted and pulled in all sorts of directions before we finally landed on a flat surface. My breakfast threatened to make a comeback, but I somehow managed to keep it down.

He remained silent and he unlocked his apartment door, revealing a rather spacious apartment. It was minimally decorated and held plants charmed to water themselves. He showed me to his bedroom which consisted of a king-sized bed with plain white sheets, a standard bedside table, two herbology books, and a desk with a stool. The walls were empty and painted a dull blue.

"I'm not the best decorator," He laughed, rubbing his neck awkwardly.

I gave him a half-smile and placed my trunk beside the bed.

He gave me a quick tour, showing me one bedroom, one bathroom, and the kitchen/living room/dining area. It was scarcely decorated and mostly all grey walls. Nevertheless, it was lovely.

"What about that roommate?" I asked him with a frown.

Neville suddenly cheered up a bit and gave me a mischievous look, "One minute." He arrived a moment later holding a grey kneazle in his arms. It eyed me curiously, with the emerald green of its eyes piercing through my soul.

In a swift motion, the cat jumped out of Nevilles' arms and began rubbing against my legs in a figure-eight motion. I could hear its soft purrs and leaned down to pet it. The kneazle welcomed my pets with louder purrs. When I quit, it gave a meow of protest before rushing off.

"How does it stay alive?" I ask Neville, fully confused about how it survives while he's away.

He laughs and pulls me into his chest, "Ella's fairly self-sustaining," He explains briefly.

I nod into his chest and breathe in his scent. Comfort immediately takes over me and I relax into him.

"I love you," I mumble.

I feel him press a kiss to my hair and whisper back, "I love you."

The two of us stood in the embrace for a while before deciding to go watch a muggle film in the local cinema. I found the movie rather boring and lacking in my opinion, but enjoyed just being with Neville.

Once the movie was done, we went back to his apartment and decided on a nap until dinner due to us having nothing to really do. When we awoke it was ten to eight, so Nev ordered us pizza for dinner.

When the pizza arrived, we each ate our share and put the leftovers in the fridge. We exchanged little small talk, but it was how I liked it; peaceful.

"You look gorgeous today," Neville complimented me, taking a seat beside me on the loveseat. I laugh and roll my eyes at him before placing a soft kiss on his cheek. In a quick motion, Nev sweeps me up into him and lays us down on the couch, and holds me close to him. "I was being honest," He tells me, pressing a ginger kiss on my neck. "You do look gorgeous."

"Thank you," I smile at the compliment and wrap my hands on his forearm that was currently swung across my torso.

We laid there for hours drifting in and out of silence and conversations until eventually, we fell asleep together on the couch.

~~~~~

Okay so this chapter is kinda short so my bad. Also, I got a few questions about how the lgbtq+ couples have children, I answered that sort of in this chapter for the female couples. As for the male couples, honestly use your imagination because in my mind, they adopt or are exempt from the law but it's open for interpretation tbh! Also, did anyone catch what Neville named his Kneazle?? Very close to Ascella if you ask me...

Anyway, hope yall are liking this story so far! Leave criticism for me please, and expect some upcoming drama!!