8

*Not smut, but there is sexual content*   *Skip if you don't like that kind of thing <3*

It had been two weeks since the party. Pansy had tried to make my life as unbearable as possible but is sabotaging herself more than me at this point. She tried to flirt with Neville by using her 'knowledge' on plants. Neville is already awkward, to begin with, and then on top of that, he corrected almost everything she said.

Things were going smoothly between Neville and me. Small kisses here and there, and meaningless compliments. We avoided hard topics like the war for the most part and occasionally will walk silently around the black lake.

Coming back from a boredom walk, I entered the common room where I found Neville. He was sitting on the couch examining some sort of plant with an intense look.

"Nerd," I tease him with a grin.

He gives me a stern look and goes back to examining his plant. I plop myself down on the couch opposite of him. Neville doesn't even give me a simple hello, or even a nod.

"What's wrong?" I prod.

He doesn't bat an eye and turns the plant, "Nothing," He says coldly.

What's up his arse? "Longbottom," I start.

"I said nothing, just leave it you deat-" He pauses and lets the rest of his sentence hang heavy in the air.

My eyes turn from concerned to ice cold in seconds, "Finish that sentence," I tell him.

"Fuck, no," He mutters and finally looks at me. "I didn't mean it that way."

"No, you did mean it that way," I tell him. I continue with gritted teeth, "So finish that fucking sentence." My hands are clenched into tight fists, and I can feel my nails breaking the skin. My jaw ticked slightly as he remained silent. "Go on then, say what you want to say then," I encourage him coldly.

He shakes his head and then looks at me in the eye. His are mirroring the same cold anger as mine, "You're a death eater whore, whose parents drive others fucking loopy!" He snaps. "And not to mention, you're a lying, cheating, psychopath," He tells me, setting his plant down harshly on the coffee table.

"That's not fair," I tell him. I can hear my voice break slightly with every word. "And what do you mean cheater?"

"Pansy fucking told me, don't act so innocent! The night of the party. You know, I really thought we had a breakthrough that night. Guess not," Neville wasn't talking calmly anymore but was now yelling. "I mean, I knew you wouldn't like me from the start, but infidelity?" He scoffs loudly.

I felt my jaw hanging open. That fucking bitch. She told Neville I cheated on him.

"So you trust the word of the school whore who only wants in your pants to piss me off, over mine?" I ask. "Do you know how utterly fucking stupid you sound? You fucking prick!" I yell at him and stand up abruptly.

That was when I noticed everyone in the doorway, watching with wide eyes. I look at Longbottom and shake my head at him with a loud, passive-aggressive scoff. 

"When you get a fucking brain cells, come find me," I tell him in a cold, clipped tone. It hardly sounded like me. With that, I pushed through everyone who was staring at us and stormed out of the castle. I made my way to the operation line and immediately apparated to Lestrange Manor.

A massive home filled with a feeling of emptiness. The air was thick with the scent of dark magic. I felt myself clench my jaw as I walked through the house to my bedroom. I noticed Agnes, my house-elf, dusting the window cill.