13

TW: Suicidal thoughts/actions (Please don't read if that kind of thing triggers you!)

When I woke up, I was right about my back. My entire body was sore. I got up and checked the clock. It was still seven, meaning we had an hour and a half until classes started. Deciding to wake up the others later, I went and showered. Once I was done with my shower, I took a hangover tonic and then put on my uniform.

I decided to be a little extra today and did a complete face of makeup today as an attempt to look hot and show Neville what he lost. He really fucked it up, and he should know that. I even rolled the top of my skirt up so it rode up to my mid-thigh.

I pranced into the first period with Ginny and Hermione behind me. I gained a few stares, but my favorite was Neville's regretful expression. He fucked up, and he definitely knew it. I took the spot next to Ginny and blew a kiss to him.

In the third period, relationships class, My anger only managed to grow. I sat next to the prick and grinned maliciously at him. The instructions for the class were to plan an ideal wedding. So I did.

"Well, I think I would hold it at Lestrange Manor, and I think the flowers would be a bright red, the same color as your blood," I grin darkly at him. "Oh, and I would only have a few witnesses, the priest, and two of my friends. That way no one would spread any details on how I kill the groom," I smile at him. "Doesn't that sound lovely?" I ask him.

I watch him gulp and nod his head at me.

The class ended, and I decided to skip the last period. I left Hogwarts and apparated out to Lestrange Manor. The place was colder than ever, and the scent of dark magic was lingering thickly in the air. I made my way into the home and looked at the family portrait.

We looked so happy. My father was flat-faced, but my mother was smiling. Despite her wickedness, she looked normal then. She was always cruel, but that was before she had reached her peak. A part of me felt regret, but they were better dead. I hated them, so much. They made my life literal hell, but they also showed me love once.

My father bought me a book once, and my mother had given me a necklace that was handed down to her by her mother. they were small things, but it showed that they cared just a little. Obviously not enough, but I still have the book and necklace. I never planned on children but thought maybe I would hand it down to Pansy's daughter. That backfired.

I decided that I was done brooding over a portrait and made my way to the kitchen. It was bare but well kept. I sat on the counter and raked my fingers through my knotted hair, debating my life.

 I had no reason to stay. Neville and I aren't working out, and school really doesn't matter. I am a death eater and likely won't find a job. 

However, when I found myself standing on the ledge of the east wing tower, I couldn't jump. All I could do was stand there, with a feeling of numbness. I stared at the ground that was far down. One-step and it could all be over.

That was when I decided that I was done. I stepped forward and felt myself falling. But now I was panicking. This isn't what I wanted. I stared up at the sky, regret filling me, but then I saw a figure shouting in the window.

My body stopped falling and was levitated upward. Relief flooded my senses, and I was levitated into the tower. I looked up and saw Blaise.

"You fucking idiot," He muttered, letting out a large breath of relief. I watched him wipe a tear away. "You could have fucking died, El!"

I looked at him from the floor and saw him sitting across from me, his back slouched against the wall.

"He almost kissed Pansy. He would've if I hadn't caught them," I told Blaise.

"So you try to kill yourself?" He shouts, letting his tears flow freely.

I laugh, "Sounds pretty pathetic when you put it that way."

He scoffs and stands up, "Get up," He tells me.

"What?"

"Get up, we're getting ice cream. Like the old days," He tells me, wiping a tear from his cheek.

I sniffle and stand up. Blaise pulls me into a tight hug and blows out a breath of air, "You're a bloody fucking idiot," He mutters before letting me go.

We apparate to a muggle ice cream shop. The two of us always came here with Goyle when things were rough. The last time we went together was two days before the final battle. Something was nagging us to all go, especially with the way everything was going. That was the last time we all hung out together.

I would always make fun of Blaise for getting Orange Creamsicle, and Goyle would make fun of me for getting Vanilla. Goyle always went with strawberry, so that is what I decided to order. Blaise did too. We didn't say that was why we got strawberry ice cream, but we both knew why.

"How did you know?" I blurt out.

Blaise looks up at me and shakes his head, "You skipped fourth and when I asked Ginny, I just knew," He told me quietly.

"Thank you," I tell him.

"Yeah," He mutters. "Just don't pull that shit again."

I bite the inside of my cheek and frown, "I won't. Pinky promise," I tell him, holding my pinky finger out.

Blaise chuckles and hooks his pinky with mine, "Good."

After we finished our ice cream, we headed back to Hogwarts. I dropped him off with Luna and made my way back to my dorm and sat down on the couches. I just didn't feel right going into the room I shared with Neville.

I was hurt and angry, and he didn't even give me a fucking apology.

After dinner, Everyone came back, except Neville, obviously. They all gave me sympathetic smiles and pats on the shoulder before retiring to their rooms, leaving me alone in the common room. 

I ended up sleeping on the couch that night not feeling up to going into my room.