31;; shattered and left souless

Start from the beginning

"If I wasn't threatened with beheading then I'd probably take you somewhere safe," He mumbled, glancing around. "Listen, Aphrodite is more than likely going to kill you, keep this on you," He reached around his neck, pulling off a small necklace with a gem hanging from the end. Jungkook knew that this was more than likely going to be some sort of spell, having had much experience with gems. "Promise me you won't take this off,"

"Who are you?" Jungkook mumbled, watching the man quickly pull the necklace over Jungkook's head, a small smile reaching his face. Jungkook couldn't deny – this man was utterly gorgeous, with a killer smile and gentle hooded eyes as his facial features complemented each other so beautifully.

"Mingyu," He whispered, leaning down and brushing his lips against Jungkook's ear. "Just don't let anyone know I told you, okay?"

The human nodded quickly, hearing another set of wings flap loudly above them, a voice calling out. Jungkook himself couldn't hear, but he was sure Mingyu could with the way he nodded.

"I'll bring this one, you take Hoseok and his stupid soulmate back to the temple," He shouted up, grabbing Jungkook within his arms. The human panicked, thrashing around as the demon took off in the air, his wings so grand and large, flapping loudly above him. "You've got to stop struggling little one, I wouldn't want to kill you before you've had a chance to stand up to Aphrodite,"

Jungkook still struggled, trying to escape from the demon's stronghold until he was spun around, his face now facing the ground as he could barely see anything due to how high they were flying.

"See? So I think you should just stop moving and let me do my job," The demon remarked, huffing before spinning Jungkook around again, protecting his face from the smoke and ash that was beginning to travel up into the sky.

♡ ♡ ♡

The temple was practically untouched, the entrance and bridge connecting it to the village below were blown through the middle, a perfect metaphor for the destruction of Aphrodite and her relationship with the people.

Jungkook felt his feet reach the ground slowly, Mingyu smiling from beside him before clicking his tongue and gesturing to the open temple.

"She's waiting for you," Jungkook swallowed harshly, his eyes scoping the area around him, attempting to find an exit. But to no avail, the only exit was leaping off the bridge, and he was sure that Aphrodite would be angrier if he was brought to her dead rather than alive. "I wouldn't bother," Mingyu grinned, showing his more deadly side for a moment before cupping Jungkook's back, carefully leading the boy inside the temple.

It was almost as Jungkook remembered, the marble structure still surprisingly standing, but when Jungkook walked through the archway and felt a small tingle, he knew that magic was more than likely involved. He gazed around, eyes trying to find at least someone he knew, he would take meeting eyes with Namjoon at this point, at least maybe he could have some familiarity, instead of the dread swirling around in his stomach.

But Jungkook wasn't prepared when they reached the throne room, his stomach dropping fully as he glanced over at the two thrones positioned at the back of the room, a deep feeling settling in his gut. Hoseok wasn't lying after all. Taehyung sat in all his glory, a bright golden crown situated on his fluffy hair, curls whispering around the edges, making him look like the king he was always meant to be – just not in this situation.

Jungkook could've screamed out, ran to his soulmate, and wrapped his arms around him so tightly. But he knew the look in Taehyung's eyes, the look of unfamiliarity and dead. Taehyung didn't recognise him, didn't know who he was, and Aphrodite knew too, her lips curled up into a smile, so slimy and spiteful, Jungkook was surprised venom didn't sprout from her mouth.

"Thank you, Mingyu, You can stand to the side," Aphrodite waved a hand, dismissing the demon as he nodded a little, making eye contact with Jungkook, tapping his neck subtly as a way to remind him that he was safe. "So, you returned. Even after I threatened both Taehyung and your family, you still came back,"

Jungkook pursed his lips, staring at the floor. This displeased Aphrodite as she scoffed, almost stomping her foot in her temper like a child.

"You're not going to talk to me?" She hummed, nodding her head. "Fine. Maybe this will make you talk," She turned, grabbing Taehyung's face and pressing their lips together, their mouths moving so in sync, Jungkook could feel his heart shattering, especially when Taehyung made the move to begin pressing kisses down her neck. Aphrodite locked eyes with Jungkook, smirking. But her face soon fell as she soon came to realise that Jungkook had no motive to talk.

"You're boring me. I thought a little human would be more fun," She hummed, pushing Taehyung away from her as he fell back into his seat, the same dead look casting over his eyes. She sighed, leaning back as Hoseok and Yoongi were suddenly pushed into the room, falling to the floor with small oompfs. "I know! Let's bring another human in, hm?"

Jungkook's eyes darted to Yoongi who looked pale as he slowly stood up, Hoseok coming up to stand next to him, feeding his fingers through his hand. He opened his mouth, mouthing the words please, stay calm before a muffled cry sounded throughout the temple, Jungkook's head snapping to Aphrodite where she screamed with laughter, watching his face pale as Areum stood in front of the hall, a piece of fabric tied around her mouth, Namjoon holding her hands behind her back.

"See? This is what happens when you don't listen to me," She hissed, dragging a dark red nail across the armrest of the throne. "I liked you, Jungkook. I thought you had the potential to help me ruin Hell, help me destroy a broken community and bring it back up to what it used to be. But no, I heard your mind swirl with emotions for your demon soulmate and I immediately knew then that there was no chance you would follow me and perform what I wanted correctly,"

She scoffed, leaning forward, a dark smile covering her face. "Do you think..." She paused, tilting her head a little. "If I killed your precious mother, that Taehyung will break out of this curse?" Jungkook didn't answer, his eyes brimming with tears as he watched Namjoon pull a knife from his belt, holding it against Areums neck as she screamed behind the cloth. "Let's ask... Jimin! Do you think that this will bring Taehyung out of the curse?"

The sin stepped forward from where he had been watching everything from the corridor, the same glazed overlook that was present on both Namjoon and Taehyung's faces. "Of course," He spoke monotone, before standing back to where he was directed to. It was as though Aphrodite was using them as her pawns in her stupid game.

Jungkook felt bile rise in his throat as the knife pressed even further into her neck before he screamed out, screaming as loudly as possible, Namjoon halting his actions.

"Kill me! Please, kill me," He sobbed, Yoongi struggling now against the demon that had brought him in, cries escaping his mouth as Hoseok was pushed into a wall, the only three not under her control going crazy. Mingyu narrowed his eyes at Aphrodite, he too had broken from the mind control the minute he laid his eyes on Jungkook, the weakness of the boy bringing him to his senses. "Kill me, then Taehyung will marry you out of his own will,"

Aphrodite hummed, tapping a finger against her chin as she shook her head, a deathly smile widening on her face. "Oh, but you see Jungkook," She stood, a blood-red dress draping behind her as she approached the boy, gripping his cheeks, her nails digging into his soft skin. He thought he saw Taehyung twitch a little, his eyes shine a little more. 

"I don't want to break this curse," 

She smiled, tilting her head before pulling Jungkook's head over her shoulder, his own eyes meeting his mother's, a sob escaping him, watching the life escape her once beautiful brown eyes.

Namjoon drew the knife again, pressing it into the skin on her neck and cut.

♡ ♡ ♡

hey guys!! another chapter - i seem to be writing lots these days for some reason, please let me know if things are moving too fast or if something doesn't make sense

this is meant to be quite a fast section of the book as if anyone delays then everyone will die lol but please still tell me if its too quick