Chap 5: The Paintings

* Adopting was definitely the right choice.*

After returning home, you decided to show Jimin through the house. You knew that now Jimin was officially adopted by you. But could you really manage the responsibility? You always had work and were rarely present in the house. So, you decided it would be for the best if Jimin knew his way throughout the house. You called house help only once in a week, as the house was unoccupied most of the time. But now you had to make sure to keep your house neat and clean every day.

You asked him if he wanted to see the rest of the house as you both sat in the living room, drinking coffee. He nodded and followed you. You first showed him the ground floor which had a big music room. It had all sorts of instruments, even though you never knew to play any of them. Your dad was never a music lover; this room was also, like many others a symbol of his monetary power. Jimin roamed through the room looking at the instruments with curiosity but not touching them. "Would you like to learn how to play them Jimin?"You asked. You wanted him to pick up a hobby so he wouldn't be bored in your big mansion.

Jimin looked unsure. He certainly wanted to try it once but was afraid of damaging your instruments. He wanted to learn the guitar. It looked so fascinating, but what if he accidently broke it. Would you still want him? You saw him look at the guitar longingly, and said- "Ok then, I will look for a tutor to teach you guitar Jimin" you said with a smile. Jimin was always left confused as to how you always knew what he wanted? Or what he wanted to hear? Was this the result of your training as a spy or did you actually try to understand his preferences by observing him? he didn't know.

Then both of you walked to your office. It was a medium size room, the walls of the room stark white. It had an aura that screamed professionalism. Multiple stacks of files filled your table. The shelves behind you also had tons of files. "This is where I handle my company's work. I am a spy, but to the world I am just a dead billionaire's daughter. It is my undercover identity. I run my late father's company. My company runs a clothing brand worldwide and I am one of the 3 directors and the CEO of my company. It was because of this reason that I could get the invitation to that auction" you told him.

He nodded. It all made sense now. He and the other hybrids had been told that they had to win the heart of the "Billionaire Heiress", or so they called you. He had overheard the organizers talk about your ruthlessness and money crazy attitude. But you were totally different.

Next you showed him your art room which was covered with canvases, paints and any other art supply an artist could ever need. It was a long empty room. There were several paintings hanging on the walls. They all seemed to carry a certain weight in them, all melancholic. The colours dark and mysterious. There was not a single painting which gave a happy vibe, but they were all beautiful. A beauty that blooms from pain.

"Do you paint... Y/n?" Jimin asked cautiously, testing your name on his tongue. You smiled widely at the mention of your name and said "Yes. These are all my paintings, they are nothing great but it helps me calm down." And shyly added-"And you are kind of the first person to be here." Jimin felt happy that you trusted him with something so personal and gave you a small smile. He walked in the room with you following behind, not your usual confident self. You were vulnerable, a side of you which he was not expecting to see. You were self conscious, and he could tell as you constantly kept looking at him. What were you nervous about? Were you worried about his reaction or did these paintings have deeper significance in your life? He thought.

He walked through the room looking at each painting as they grew darker and darker. He came upon a painting which was at the far end of the corner. This painting was different; it had a person in it, a woman to be more specific. It was a pregnant woman. Navy blue hues covered her body and red dripped through her face, hand, limbs... her facial features visible but not distinguishable. Curls framed her face and fell on her shoulders. An image of venomous beauty. A promise of determination sparkled in her eyes as she held her bump protectively. Jimin wanted to ask you about this painting, but he saw your face had turned stoic, except for the sadness that your eyes betrayed. He didn't want to cross his boundaries and decided to move further. You didn't move from your place.