I use to listen to music when I walked through campus last semester but now that I can't really bring myself to enjoy it, listening to the snippets of conversations and atmospheric sounds that swarm not only campus but the busy streets of cafes, b...

I use to listen to music when I walked through campus last semester but now that I can't really bring myself to enjoy it, listening to the snippets of conversations and atmospheric sounds that swarm not only campus but the busy streets of cafes, book shops and small boutiques that guide my way home is entertaining enough.

I walk slowly, in no rush to get home and enjoying being out in the warm breeze. The smell of fresh coffee beans is too tempting to ignore so I slip into my little local coffee shop and grab my usual order. With a beverage in hand I step back out onto the street to a familiar feeling nipping at the pit of my stomach.

Look around, my mind instructs and I do just that. The street is not by any means busy but it is also not empty. Many other students walk the street and come in and out the stores, cars drive on the road followed slowly by a few cyclists. But just like before, I feel a gaze on me. Like a burn set alight by glass, unnoticeable at first but then it's concentration begins to heat and smoke. I feel the heat but fail to find the eyes that scorch a hole in me.

Why the hell do I keep feeling like this?

I must be losing my mind.

Perhaps I am or perhaps this has something to do with that curly haired, tattooed stranger at the cafe on Saturday morning. Am I really that desperate to wish they were Seven that I'm now imagining the feeling of someone watching me? Following me even?

I sip my coffee and enter one of the book stores, hoping to find something to distract my pathetically tortured mind. The store is quiet as practically every book store is apart from the little bell that rings to signal my entrance. The store is busier at the front where there are comfortable chairs for people to read and I gravitate to the back in search of a novel.

Shelves line the walls as well as two interior shelves that seperate up the narrow store. The history section is rather small on this side but I can see through the shelf that there are some more titles that might interest me on the other side directly across from me as well. I study the spines of the interior shelf slowly reading over the familiar titles.