Chapter 46 (M)

The ringing of his mobile took Jisoo from his muddled mind. He walked towards the coffee table next to the sofa where he put his mobile. He cleared his throat and answered the phone, "Hello."

There was a sound of giggling from the other line, "Hi lover boy. Am I disturbing your wedding night? Have you finished yet or still in the middle of doing that?" Jisoo sighed, deeply. His best friend, Lisa was going too far to joke in his critical time.

"What do you want?" He sounded cold and a little bit angry.

"Wow, hang on, man. What's the matter? Without hello and you just snap at me. I know you are busy right now with your wife." He paused, and laughed hard, "But I just want to make sure that you are doing it right, lover boy or do you need my advice?"

"It's not funny!" Jisoo said immediately, raising his voice.

"My gosh, Jis. Don't be so cranky. I know I'm wrong to call you in this time. Did she reject you? Or she said you aren't good enough?" Lisa threw his teasing words again, and then, laughed uncontrollably.

Sighing deeply, Jisoo closed his eyes. His bad tempered showed up. He hadn't finished dealing with Jennie and his best friend had given him another nuisance.

"Looked, I don't want to talk to anybody right now, including you! In two seconds I will hang up this phone! You don't have to give me some stupid advice about wedding night because there's no wedding night! Do you hear me?!" Jisoo gasped, trying to catch his breaths. His voice sounded shaking.

Hearing Jisoo's harsh words yet trembled, Lisa kept silence, "Is there's something wrong, Jis? Are you ok? Where's Jennie?" Lisa asked in a low tone.

"I don't know what happened, Lalisa. My happiness is destroyed in one night. I'm desperate. I feel like I want to kill myself."

"What? What happened? Don't make me confused. Are you trying to scare me? You are telling me this only to fool me, right? You are telling me a big joke, aren't you?" Angered ate him up. Jisoo's eyes flashed in disappointment,

"If you said this is a joke then I really regret to choose you as my best man. Good night." He turned off the phone and threw it harshly to the sofa. He turned his head to see the bathroom door. It was still closed even though he can't hear the sound of water anymore. Suddenly, he realized that he hadn't put his clothes on as he felt the coldness of the night. He only wore a toweling dressing gown. Turning the heater into a high position, he asked himself in despair, "Oh God, what should I do? Do I have to go out or stay here to clear this mess up?"

Sighing deeply for the hundredth times already, he took his black pullover and black jeans and got ready to go out before Jennie came out from the bathroom.

~

Taking a deep breathe several times, Jennieput her nightwear on after a long-suffering shower. Then, she took the white toweling dressing gown with the Mandarin Oriental initial on it, same liked Jisoo's. Her eyes were swollen and red. She looked at her image in the big mirror in that exquisite bathroom. Her eyes turned to see a vase of calla lilies on the dressing table. Even her favorite flower couldn't help to ease her pain.

'Jennie, you should think clearly. Jealousy and anger are only causing you sadness and misery.' Her heart told her mind.

Tears were flowing down her cheeks. She remembered his serious face when he said his wedding vows. She remembered his loving and tenderness look when she said yes to be his wife. His dark brown eyes were gleaming with tears while he gave her his best smile ever. She sobbed silently.