Chapter 40

Jisoo groaned. With pleading eyes, he said, "Please, mom. Please don't make it difficult. I love her. I can't live without her. After all we have been through; I'm deeply in love with her. Without her by my side then I'm finished." He then, sighed deeply, letting out his despair.

"What about Soojoo? You are dating her too, right?"

"No. We broke up long time ago. We are only good friend now and also she's my business partner. Not more than that." He answered, quickly.

"But you have told me that you love her." Mrs. Kim threw her question while staring at him intently.

"I thought I loved her but I was wrong. Maybe I only like Soojoo not love. Like is different with love. I realize that my feelings towards Jennie have become stronger and I can't forget her. She's my true love, mom. I can only be happy if I'm with her and our son."

Mrs. Kim sighed secretly. She looked at her only son. Jisoo would stand up for his choice. She knew his character very well. However, she still couldn't believe Jennie loved her son, too. They often got into fights easily. What if someday she will leave him again? Last time Jisoo could hardly survive, however, if they got married and then leave again, then Jisoo would be dead in heart broken. As his mother, she should protect her only son from ruining his own life.

But she couldn't fight him knowing how stubborn he was, Mrs. Kim tried to find another solution. She looked at Jisoo who was staring at her with a little bit of anger on his face. Their eyes met in anger. She sighed secretly. He got his stubbornness from her side. One of them should have given in to solve the problem, "Alright. Why don't you bring her tomorrow to our house? I want to have a nice talk with her. You know we haven't had a good relationship all this time."

Jisoo still watched his mother's face in doubt, "Mom, what are you going to talk about?" He asked, worriedly.

"Women's stuffs."

She tried to smile. When she saw Jisoo still doubted her, Mrs. Kim patted his back, "Trust me. I won't do anything to harm her. Both of you have promised each other to start a new life together. We will be one family someday if you marry her. She will be my daughter-in-law so is it wrong that I want to know her better?"

Jisoo finally smiled at his mother in gratitude, "Ok. I will give you and Jennie a long time to talk. Tomorrow is Saturday. I will bring Yohannie as he likes to be in the water. Gosh. He just recovered from his sickness but when he saw our swimming pool, he just wants to jump."

He laughed, imagining his mischief son. Kim family had a nice swimming pool at the backyard and Yohan always screamed when he saw it. He liked to be in the water though he couldn't swim.

"I hope this time she will come." Mrs. Kim said sarcastically, as the other day Jennie refused to come when she asked her for a family lunch.

"She will, mom. Don't worry." Jisoo made sure by nodding his head several times, "Now, I have to call Jimin to prepare a new paper for us."

Jisoo dialed Jimin's number when he heard his mother reminding him the time, "It's almost midnight, Jisoo. Could you please talk to him tomorrow?"

He grinned happily, full of excitement, "I'm sure Jimin doesn't mind to hear my good news. I can't wait, mom. I'm so excited tonight. Finally she agrees to marry me." He paused, taking back by the reply from the other line, "Oh, good evening. May I speak to Jimin, please? It's Kim Jisoo here."

Mrs. Kim watched him as he talked to Jimin enthusiastically. She had never seen Jisoo so happy liked tonight. She just hoped that Jennie would love him back. She couldn't imagine if Jennie came back to him only for the sake of Yohan. Living together without love would be liked living in hell! Her mind told herself. She jolted when she heard Jisoo shouted in shock.