Chapter 26

Jennie closed her eyes and sighed in despair. She put her hands over her face and Chaeyoung had gone from her sight. After putting Yohan slowly in his crib, Jisoo walked towards her. Taking a deep breath, he noticed with a lurch of anxiety that her color face wasn't good.

He asked her worriedly, "Jen, what is it? Please tell me." His eyes were fixed on hers, deeply and smoky.

Jennie managed to shake her head weakly. She didn't say anything. She started to sob silently. However, she was shocked when he pulled her into his embrace gently. She leaned her head against his broad chest as he put his arms around her. She felt his tender kiss on her forehead, and she hugged him back tightly, and as he stood like that, so close to her, with her head on his chest, she could hear that his heart was beating fast as hers. Should she tell him the truth? They were standing quietly for a long moment. Silence.

The silence was demanding. Demanding that she gave him an explanation on what had happened. Breaking from his embrace, Jennie looked into his eyes. She sighed before she was said softly, "I need to be alone, Jisoo-ah. Would you please go home now?" Her voice was gentle yet weakly as she was pleading to him.

He stared at her eyes, which were shimmering with tears, this time were desperate tears. He couldn't go home with a big question in his head, "Tell me first what is going on then I will go home!" He demanded a reasonable answer from her.

Jennie shook her head weakly. She turned her head away from his gaze.

He looked gravely into her eyes, "Is there something wrong with Yohan?" He began, but she interrupted in a shaky voice.

"No."

"So, what is it?! Don't make me crazy with this puzzled look!" He said, raising his voice a little bit. He lost his patience. His hand was still holding hers tightly.

She could feel the strong beat of his heart under his fingers. She stared at him, "If you care for me then please leave now. I need time to be alone. Please, Jisoo Oppa." Her eyes were pleading again. Jennie blinked back a tear as she made the statement.

He took a deep sigh and looked at her again. He knew she was stubborn. If he forced her to answer then it would be possible they would be engaged again, in a big fight. He swallowed. What was happening to her? He sighed again, and said weakly, "Ok. I will leave. I know you haven't trusted me in your life. Call me if you have felt better, ok?" His voice was gentle, full of his emotion.

Jennie stared at him with teary eyes. She could feel that Jisoo was hurt. His eyes were looking at her in pain. She knew he felt hurt, as she didn't trust him. She couldn't stop her sobs anymore. She saw his face twisting in pain.

"Shhh, don't cry. Please don't cry. I will leave now." He paused, and stared at her deeply, "Goodnight, Jen. I have a wonderful night today. Thank you." He said softly, and kissed her cheek tenderly.

She straightened up slowly and dragged her gazed to the wall, looked through tear-blurred eyes at him as he walk slowly to take his jacket which was hanging on her study chair. She couldn't stop her emotion, which was suddenly blown up. She ran to him and hugged him tightly from his back, "I'm sorry. I hope you could understand." Her anguished whisper was the only sound in the bedroom. She could feel that he was shaking, too.

They stayed like a statue for a few seconds before Jisoo turned his body, "Apology accepted. I understand." He said, trying to keep his voice under control. He paused to inhale a deep sigh, "It's time for me to go. See you tomorrow morning to pick Yohan up." His voice was husky even though he was trying hard to say it with his deep voice.