Chapter 5

Jennie read today's newspaper for the third time. She gazed at the bold title on the front page. KIM IS A FREE MAN TODAY, by Kim Jessica, 'Kim Jisoo, 26, finally was being successful to release himself from a sexual harassment charged by a young woman whose identity fully protected. She annulled her allegations against him after a long debate with his lawyer during these two weeks. Spokesman Kim Jisoo, Kim Jisoo's lawyer, said "It was extremely difficult to investigate and pursued this matter without revealing who she was to the public." His comment was only, "She and my client have reached an agreement." One of the police officer said that if the woman didn't want to show herself, it makes our job impossible. However, the police andKim had agreed to protect the identity of the source of this case, so the wider issued cannot be exposed.'

Jennie closed the newspaper on her hand, 'So, HE is free now.' She told herself, "I don't want to think about him. Oh please God, let HIM out of my mind." She prayed.

She lay down on her bed, staring up at the sky outside her bedroom window. She could see a nice view from her window. She got her room in the second floor with a view of a small public park in front of her house. She could hear some giggled from the children playing in the park. She smiled. How she always loved children. Her mind wondered, 'How my child would look like? Looked like Kai or me?' She smiled again. She remembered the last conversation on the phone with Kai two days ago. Her fiancé was really concerned about her.

*Flashback*

"Jennie-ah, are you alright?" The voice of Kai on the other line sounded very worried.

"I'm fine." She answered, shortly. Her heart was beating hard. These last few days she had refused to receive his phone calls, but Kai wasn't easy to give up. He called her every day until finally she was the one who gave in to him.

"Don't say a word, Jennie-ah. I know what happened. Don't get angry, I forced your mother to tell me what happened. It wasn't your fault. I don't blame you."

Jennie started to sob, "Oppa, you are so kind. I don't deserve you. I ruined our dreams. I'm not the same Jennie you love before."

"Jennie-ah, listen to me. I want you. I still want you. I love you the way you are. That tragedy didn't affect my love for you. My love is beyond everything in this world. Our love is too strong to be destroyed. Trust me. We are together, still holding our dreams." His voice was firm.

Jennie was sobbing loudly now, "Do you really mean it?" She whispered.

"Yes. I do. When I heard this news, my heart was broken, shattered into pieces. I could feel your pain, Jennie-ah. You are hurt, I could feel it, too." His sound was weak, sad as the person who uttered those words was in a deep pain.

"I don't deserve your love, Oppa."

"Please don't cry, Jennie-ah. How I wish I could be with you during that time." He paused, and then continued, "I will come to Seoul this weekend. I want to be with you, to hug you, to kiss you so I could ease your pain."

"Oppa, you don't have to fly here. I'm ok. I have started to get over it now. You just started your new job. It's not good for your career. I know how hard your efforts to get this job. You have been longing to work at this famous architect consultant company for these past three years. They are the biggest in Australia, aren't they?"

"Yes, but I couldn't clear my mind thinking about you. I need to see you." His voice sounded urgent, longing with a deep love.

"I'm fine, really." He sounded cool now. Jennie could hear a sighs of relief from the other line, "Jennie-ah, I'm glad you could get over it. I'm glad that, that bastard got his punishment in jail!" He sighed again, and laughed bitterly. Jennie stiffened, 'Do I have to tell Kai I let HIM go?'