Chapter 38

A silence was accompanying them for a moment. Jennie was still murmuring her words in Yohan's ear.

Jisoo turned his head again, to see his son's heartbeat on the monitor. To his surprised, Yohan showed a dramatic jump of improvement. He was stunned in awe. What did Jennie do to their son? Yohan seemed to be getting his consciousness back. His heartbeats were improving gradually into a normal position. It was a miracle as the doctor said there was only a small hope, a small possibility for Yohan to come back alive. He prayed thankfully to God.

When Yohan breathed almost normally, Jisoo immediately got up from his seat and ran to get the doctors.

Checking his little patient carefully and gently, the Doctor smiled widely. He shook his head in disbelief for this miracle. He looked at the people surrounding him who were staring at him with their questioning look. He smiled again, and said in relief.

"He will be ok. I can only say it's a miracle. He's a strong boy, fighting to the end for his life. Congratulation. He could pass through his critical period. He will be coming around soon."

Jisoo stared at Yohan with tears still shimmering in his eyes. He turned his eyes to Jennie who was crying silently on the other side of the bed. He walked closer to her and said softly.

"He will be ok, Jen. Thank you for coming back for Yohannie. He knows you are here. He misses you. You are his light to come back to this world. Thank you, Jen." His voice was husky and he was staring at her deeply. He wanted to hug her, yet he hesitated.

Jennie stared back at him, speechless. She could see his dark brown eyes were glistening with tears again, but now it was tears of happiness and relief, "Why are you saying that? No need to thank me."

"I have to, Jen. Because of you, he's coming back. I realize now that he needs you more than he needs me. I can see that he loves you as much as you love him. I have promised myself that I will let you take him with you to Sydney after he gets better. Please take him with you to be a part of your new family." He paused, looking at her sadly. His dark brown eyes showed his deep pain of losing his only son, "If Jong-in agrees, of course."

Jennie was stunned in awe. Why did he say that? She was coming back for HIM and their son. Why was he sending her back EVEN together with Yohan to Jong-in?

Jennie felt an instant wrench in her heart. She knew it was the toughest decision for Jisoo to give Yohan to her. Yohan was his life. He would do anything to their son even though he had to climb up to the mountain peak or walk through the fire or swim into the ocean. He will just kill himself if he did it. She stared at him with a big emotion mixing up in her heart. The man standing in front of her was really a splendid man with the greatest love in his heart, and he DID it for her. He did it because he loved her so much as he told her at her apartment in Sydney.

"No, I won't." Jennie answered, quickly.

He stared at her back with a questioning look on his face. However, the doctor interrupted their tensed moment, "He's coming around. Yohan. Yohan." He called the little Kim softly. He tapped his tiny hand, waiting for him to open his eyes.

Jennie and Jisoo broke from their stare and immediately looked at their son. She started to cry again, when she saw Yohan opening his eyes slowly. He breathed normally now. She couldn't mutter any words as her breaths were choking her throat. She thanked God endlessly for giving her beloved son back.