Chapter 30

Soaking wet under the heavy rain because she didn't use her umbrella purposely, Jennie ran into her house. Her dress was stuck together with her body. However, she could hide her endless tears on her face from anyone as they were mixed with the rain.

Chaeyoung raised her left eyebrow when she saw Jennie was shuddering because of the coldness, "Unnie, what happened to you? Where have you been? Oh my God, why are you soaking wet like this?" She got up from the sofa, following Jennie to her room.

"Nothing. It just happened to rain suddenly when I was walking around downtown." She lied, forcing a smile on her pale cheeks.

Chae stared at her, disbelieving what she had just said. What did she do in downtown in this heavy rain? It took more than half an hour to go to downtown, especially by bus. She hadn't usually gone there especially by herself if there wasn't something special. She turned her gaze and saw an umbrella in her hand, "Why didn't you use your umbrella?"

Jennie looked at her right hand, still holding the umbrella tightly, "Oops, I forgot that I bring this umbrella. How forgetful I am today." She said in a light tone, but she couldn't fool her sister's eyes.

Her swollen eyes were telling Chaeyoung the truth. Chaeyoung sighed secretly behind Jennie's back. Something had happened. Her sister's eyes were swollen and red. She must have been crying. It was what Chaeyoung told herself. What was it? Was it because of Jisoo Oppa again? Forgetting to open the umbrella was only her excuse to hide her tears. She was walking in the rain on purpose, 'What's going on this time?' She asked herself.

"Would you please excuse me, Chaeyoung? I want to take a bath. Please take Yohan with you for a while." Jennie said, putting her handbag and took the dry towel to wipe her face.

Chaeyoung nodded her head and let her sister go into the bathroom. She stole a glance at her while playing with Yohan on her bed. Something must have been going on with Jennie. She was sure of it. However, she didn't dare to ask Jennie any further. She decided to wait.

Slipping her wet dress from her body, Jennie turned the shower tap into a high position. As water was running harshly from the shower, she closed her eyes letting her tears flown down endlessly. She let her emotion out from her bleeding heart. She curved her body on the bathroom floor under the running water. She tried to press her emotion and strength her heart but she failed. Why couldn't she accept it that Jisoo had betrayed her? The words of Soojoo echoed in her ear, 'I can only say that we have a great love and great sex.' She closed her ears with both of her hands. The pain in her heart was unbearable.

She remembered the last three days Jisoo didn't come on Tuesday night, he was acting weird. She guessed that he didn't agree to her plan of leaving Yohan with him but she was totally wrong. He was acting weird because he was afraid that the media would publish his secret affair. Finally, God helped her to open her eyes. The truth had been revealed. She had to accept the fact. Not every teenager dreams come true. Falling in love with him was certainly the biggest mistake of her life. She quickly took a towel to clean her soaking body.

She made up her mind that she wouldn't take a damned care of him anymore! He could go to hell and she wouldn't care! It was just too much pain, more than she could bear. However, why did he say that it was all lies? Is he telling the truth? His voice sounded so sincere, but once again, Jisoo had the capability to melt her heart as before. She groaned in despair.

~

Jisoo came to visit Jennie and Yohan as usual after working hours that night. However, Jennie refused to talk to him. She kept silence, reading her textbook and ignored him completely.