Chapter 4

Jisoo took a deep breath of fresh air outside the prison. He looked at his lawyer, Jimin, and then, reached out his hand to his shake their hands together, "Thank you." He whispered, sincerely.

Jimin shook his head, "Don't thank me. It wasn't me who made you a free man again."

Jisoo frowned. He stared at him absently for a moment. His hair was blown back from his pale face by the wind. His eyes needed an answer.

"Its Kim Jennie with her own hand to set you free." Jisoo was shocked. He felt like a dagger stabbed his heart deeply. Jennie. Her face, her smile, her pain was haunting him in every minute, every second he spent his life in jail for the last two weeks. How could she let him go after what he did to her? He groaned inside. He stared at the big tree in front of him blankly without realizing that his lawyer was waiting for him to get into the car.

"Jisoo. Jisoo."

He came back to reality and asked dumbly, "Yes?" "Let's go. Get into the car."

He walked towards the passenger seat, opened the door and put his seatbelt on liked a robot.  Jimin pulled the disk from the player in his car, "Let's try something brighter, Jisoo. How about Blackpink?" Jisoo kept silent. His mind was still thinking about the nice girl that he had hurt so badly, 'I had to see her.' He said to himself. He made up his mind. Jisoo was walking slowly towards the living room of his luxury house when he heard his mother's voice. He froze, "Mommy?" He asked in puzzle.

For these last two years he had been missing her badly. His mother left the house after a big fight with his father two years ago. He was in America pursuing his master degree in business at Harvard when they got a divorced. This fact brought a big shock as he always had been closed to his mother. She was the only one who could understand him, give him a support whenever he was desperate, whenever he was at dead-end situation. His powerful father didn't have time for him, as business had always been his priority in his life. Hearing the divorced of his parents, Jisoo hurriedly went back to Seoul to try his best to reunite them together. However, he was too late. His mother had left him without saying goodbye. He was so frustrated when his father refused to tell him where his mother was. There had been a time, not so long ago, when people would envy the perfect Kim family. Now, they were walking out like strangers.

Since that day, Jisoo started to fight back his father's words to protest. Being as stubborn as his father, Jisoo refused to go back to America to finish his degree. He began to enter the nightlife. In order to make his father angry and frustrated, he spent a lot of money, went to the nightclub every night, started to smoke and became a drinker. It was last month when one of his friends at the bar introduced him to drugs, but he swore in the name of his beloved mother, he would never use it. The first time he used it when he couldn't restraint himself for the temptation of that eye-catching girl, Kim Jennie, who acted so cold towards him that night. She made his short temper rose, treating him like a loser. The sound of his mother calling his name brought him back to the present.

"Jisoo. Jisoo." His mother hugged him tightly. Jisoo closed his eyes and hugged her back. His eyes suddenly felt hot. How long had he been missing her?

"What happened to you? How come they put you in jail? The newspaper talks rubbish. I don't believe that you did what they said in the news." His mother shot him with long sentences when they broke away. Getting no response from Jisoo, Mrs. Kim lifted her eyes to meet with his, looking for an answer in those misty dark brown eyes.

"Mom, I did horrible things. Even I couldn't believe myself that I did it. I will never forgive myself for that. I'm very ashamed." He answered, sadly. He took a deep breath before continuing.

"That girl is innocent. I...I raped her." He whispered the last words at his mother's ear. His voice was trembling. His hands were shaking in his mother's hands. His mother glanced across at him. He looked pale, depressed and tired.