Chapter 20 ❀ "Shoto Todoroki"

Começar do início

Just what happened? Last time Shoto had seen her she was walking home from school with him the day before.

He opened his mouth but Amami spoke first.
"Listen, the tsudnere shit, can we not do this today?"

Todoroki flinched at her words. They were harshly spoken but he could tell they were not supposed to be of that intent. Chihiro even seemed to look away in guilt after speaking.

The rain continued to pelt outside. The boy looked closer at the dark skinned girl and that was when he realized that her face wasn't wet because of the rain, but instead because of her own tears.

"what happened?" Shoto asked. He wasn't angry for her snapping at him, infact, he already forgot about it. He just wanted to know if she was okay.

"I just-...Shoto I don't have anywhere else to go and it's cold..and wet..." Chihiro took a small step forward. Her shoes squished under her feet with the large amount of water in her soles. She chuckled at her own pitifulness.

Shoto took her small smile as a note to play off of. He liked seeing her smile and smiling was a sign of happiness. The boy put together his thoughts like a caveman, they were crudely connected through points that a child would make.
This was his first time ever trying to comfort anyone in this way. So in a way, he was like a caveman or a child.

"that's why I'm inside" Todoroki chuckled, hoping to get a smile out of her.

"Can you stop being a dick for five seconds and let me in?" Chihiro snapped before she quickly cleared her throat. "please, I'm sorry but I can't go home. Miu can't see me like this" she sighed.

Shoto quickly nodded.
"I- sorry" he mumbled under his breath before helping her inside. She squeezed out the most rainwater she could out of her clothes before stepping inside, but she still left a water trail with every step she took. Shoto didn't care, ofcourse.

"Everyone's asleep so we have be quiet" Shoto spoke to the girl. He didn't want to wake up his siblings. Mostly because he wouldn't even know where to begin explaining.

Amami began to make her way towards the couch. Her steps were small and slightly shaky. Her body seemed exhausted, but even with that information, Shoto had to stop her.

"You...you can't sit on the couch with those clothes" he felt bad saying it but he knew getting water on the couch would be harder to clean than getting water in the floor. The stain could possibly even stay until his father arrived. And then he would have some real explaining to do.

Chihiro nodded. She looked behind her to see the water trail she left. Her eyes slightly widened at the mess she had made and in response she stayed still in her spot.

She was normally so well put together. Todoroki was the one who typically broke down. So being in this situation was new for him. Now he was the one who had to take care of her.
A small part of him was on edge purely because she was actually in his home. Ofcourse, he had imagined this in a different situation. Preferably one where he would be sitting around the dinner table with her as she made a stupid joke that made his siblings laugh.

But now wasn't that time. Now she was standing there, looking down at her shoes like a guilty dog.

"You know, if you're trying to make me feel guilty, you've succeeded" Shoto huffed

"Im sorry" a cold shiver went down her spine as she spoke.

Don't be

Todoroki sighed. Without thinking, he instinctually began to walk out of the room. Chihiro watched as he stopped at the entry way to the room before turning back to look at her
"c'mon let's get you some dry clothes.."
His words were comforting, like a warm blanket that soothed her goosebumps. His eyes shone in the darkness of the room. Amami couldn't help but nod.