❀ Prologue ❀

I will ask questions at the beginning of every chapter.
(Some retaining to the story while others will not)
Responding isn't necessary but I would appreciate it.
I like getting to know you, you seem cool so...let me know a little about you, please? :)

.
.
.
.
,
,
.
.
.
.

Getting accepted into U.A is an honor. A privilege that very few people can say they've been blessed with. It is Japan's top hero training school, after all. The school has taught more pro heros than most can imagine. It seems like everyone-who is anyone-attended U.A at some point.

He could remember his first day.
In retrospect, that day should have been etched in his mind as the beginning of his hero journey. The first step to making his self righteous father proud or maybe...even the start of a new him.
A new Shoto Todoroki; someone who can be thought of as an idol, a rival, and a friend.

However, that's not why that day became significant to him at all. His memory revolving that day has little to do with his growth as a hero at all.

Instead it was clouded with thoughts of her.

She was a distraction. A 'nuisance' his father would say. She was an obstacle that he would have to overcome in order to better himself.
Any sober man would agree-
but Shoto found himself drunk in her presence, as was anyone who was lucky enough to be close to her.

She would suction you into her world, like a vacuum would dust bunnies.
Her voice...her eyes...her touch- all just luring mechanisms used to trap her prey.
Which, in this situation, was him. A double quirked teenager with parental issues.

And then, just like her other victims, he found himself building a home in her subconscious as she did the same in his.
And he had to admit, he loved every second of it.

He was trapped. He would frown and protest but everyone knew in the end; he couldn't be happier.

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

If Shoto could go back in time, his first task would be to make sure they never met, or at least met under different circumstances.

He should have just focused on his schoolwork
He should have never even opened his mouth-
Or looked into her eyes-
Or touch her.

If he could he would go back in time and tell himself not to fall for her childish teasing and flirts.
He would warn myself about her lips...those lips which have haunted his daydreams time and time again. He would make sure he never fell into her trap like a cow waiting to be slaughtered.

Shoto was hypnotized by her every move. A mere pawn on her chess board.

And he hated it, he hated her.

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

But at the end of the day, If he really could travel back in time, he knew he wouldn't change a thing.
He knew he would only fall for her again...and again...and again.

Because at least now Shoto Todoroki realized...

Hate and Love are just two sides of the same coin.

CANDYCANE LOVER

There will be !Chapter Secrets! At the end of every chapter for extra lore and story building

There will be !Chapter Secrets! At the end of every chapter for extra lore and story building. They're not necessary to read, so feel free to skip them if it's not your thing. :)

"𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐒 𝐈𝐒 𝐀 𝐑𝐎𝐁𝐁𝐄𝐑𝐘! 𝐏𝐔𝐓 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐒𝐓𝐀𝐑 𝐈𝐍 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐁𝐀𝐆!"

( う-')づ︻╦̵̵̿╤── \(˚☐˚")/ ★

"𝘗𝘭𝘦𝘢𝘴𝘦, 𝘐 𝘫𝘶𝘴𝘵 𝘸𝘢𝘯𝘵 𝘵𝘰 𝘳𝘦𝘢𝘥 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘯𝘦𝘹𝘵 𝘤𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳!"

"𝐆𝐈𝐕𝐄 𝐌𝐄 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐒𝐓𝐀𝐑 𝐀𝐍𝐃 𝐍𝐎 𝐎𝐍𝐄 𝐆𝐄𝐓𝐒 𝐇𝐔𝐑𝐓!"