Chapter 1 ❀ "Grumpy pants"

2289 words
SONG RECOMMENDATION: Juliet ~ Cavetown//Shit Show ~ Peter Mcpoland

CHAPTER QUESTION:
Are you more of an extrovert or an introvert when it comes to meeting new people?

CHAPTER QUESTION:Are you more of an extrovert or an introvert when it comes to meeting new people?

Location: U.A High school classroom
Time: Monday 7:15 am
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Italicized = Todoroki's thoughts.

SHOTO TODOROKI WAS EARLY. He was earlier than any of his classmates.

Having the privilege to choose where you sit in a classroom environment can affect your learning ability exponentially and lucky for him, it didn't seem like anyone was planning to sit nearby.
That may be because of the scar, it often scared young children and Shoto wouldn't be surprised if it scared his classmates as well.

Well, nothing he could do about it.

It's not like I asked for the damn thing,
but it seemed to actually be doing him a justice for once and served as a people repellent. If this keeps up he'll be able to enjoy class multiple desks away from his classmates.

It was a temporary relief. Shoto wasn't a fan of making friends and wasn't good at it either, but in the long run he knew making allies was the preferred strategy. I mean, for all he knew he could be in the same classroom as the future number two hero.

Because Shoto Todoroki would be number one, of course.

Sitting in the back also served another purpose. From here he could observe everyone who enters the room.
He could watch their faces turn from excited to nervous as they're surrounded by new people. Watch as they point out familiar faces of students they had seen prior at the entrance exam, no doubt.

There were a few students that noticed the half and half boy in the back, watching. He was positive they all chalked him up as 'Endeavors emotionless son' which would make since as to why they all broke eye contact with him rather quickly.
Nothing he wasn't used too, after all.

Todoroki could hear the words of his new classmates. A lot of it was talk about the entrance exam. What scored they got, what ranking they were in, who they helped, their quirks, blah, blah, blah.
Listening to their tedious praises of themselves and others were making Todoroki realize how glad he was to not have gone to that exam.
He would have annihilated the competition, indisputably, but that would only cause these student's to want to befriend him. He was perfectly fine with being the outcast in this situation. Atleast, that's what he told himself.

"Dude I thought you wouldn't show up! You were totally badass out there! So manly!" A male student praised loudly. His red hair almost matched the color that was beginning to form on his cheeks.