Chapter 18 ❀ "Cherries and creme"

Start from the beginning

The boy reached down into his bag and pulled out two bento lunch boxes, both exactly indentical to each other. He placed one in front of him and the other in front of Chihiro.

While Iida was considering drinking motor fuel Amami tilted her head down at the lunch box.

Todoroki had asked his sister to prepare double the amount of soba than she normally did for his lunches. When she asked why he simply said he was a 'growing teenage boy' and needed his nutrients. She didn't think twice about it.

"Huh?" The girl mumbled.

"Eat" Shoto responded blandly as he opened his own lunch box.

Amami blinked down at the box of food. She would be lying if she said the smell coming from it wasn't enticing. She was already so hungry.
But she couldn't help but question it. Why feed her all of the sudden? And why was Todoroki the one to do it?

"You made this for me?" She originally had opened her mouth to say thank you so those words surprised herself.

Shoto shrugged. He had already opened his bento box and was getting his chop sticks in proper eating position with his fingers.
"...had extra left over that I didn't want to waste it" in the future he'd definitely mention that his sister was actually the one who made it but right now he needed as much brownie points as he could get.

The half and half boy glanced over at the girl. Her hands hovered over the bento yet never touched it.

"You are going to eat it, right?" He had realized that he never asked about an dietary restrictions. He could have been about to poison her and he would have no idea.

Chihiro flinched and quickly nodded her head.

"Ofcourse!" She opened the bento and Todoroki could almost see the hearts form in her pupils as she stared at the soba in front of her.
"Thank you, Cherries and cream" she closed her mouth so she wouldn't actively drool. She sent a thankful smile the boy's way.

Badump

Shoto rolled his eyes, trying to hide the small smile making its way onto his face.
"You must be really hungry...that was probably the worst name yet." He chuckled and took a bite of his own soba.

Chihiro didn't even hear him due to her own slurping of noodles. She ate like she hadn't eaten in year.

Lunch ended after half an hour. The students in the lunch room seemed to be down in their spirits since Chihiro sat by Shoto the entire time.
After cleaning up their mess, Amami and Todoroki began walking to their next class.

The hallways were still riddled with other students. Shoto purposely began to lag behind so Chihiro would slow down with him. He needed to talk to her.
Well, he needed to apologize.

He knew a simple post it note wouldn't suffice. He had to truly apologize for his words the other day or else their relationship would never be the same.
And if that meant being late to their next class, so be it.

Chihiro hummed to herself as she walked. The distance between her and Todoroki was about 3 feet, as he was following her.
Oh, how the tables had turned.

Todoroki reached out and gently grabbed hold of one of her wrists. Amami turned back to look at him. Students in the hallways continued to pass them as they stayed frozen staring at each other.