Chapter 15 ❀ "Jerk"

Start from the beginning

"So..." Chihiro trailed off and sat up on her elbows, the hot sidewalk feeling good against her bare skin. She was careful with her choice of words and Todoroki could already tell he didn't want to hear what was going to come from her mouth.
"...you wanna talk about that?"

She didn't even need to explain what 'that' was because both of the teenagers were embarrassingly aware.

Long answer short, no. Todoroki did not want to talk about...that.

"We were about to be caught; I had to do something" he explained. While his words were true, it definitely wasn't the full truth.

Chihiro continued to stare at the boy. She expected him to keep talking, as that wasn't the explanation she was hoping for. But alas, he stayed quiet.

"Oh..." the dark skinned girl trailed off. "That's what that was?" A hint a hope shone in her eyes.

Todoroki gulped. He needed an excuse. Why? Well, he simply didn't want to admit it. He didn't want to admit that the...kiss...happened. He didn't want to admit that he liked it. Maybe it had something to do with his inferiority complex.

"You saved my ass earlier so I saved yours. It's as simple as that" he huffed.

Please, leave this be.

"I bet you wanna do alot more to my ass than just save it" Amami laughed, obviously just trying to be her typical playful self.

Todoroki glanced down at his own feet. Ofcourse, he should have known. This girl was garbage when it came to picking up social cues. She was even worse than him which was hard to do.

The teenage boy just wanted to forget. He wanted all of this behind him. He couldn't possibly let himself fall for her. He wouldn't let that happen.

Chihiro forced her body to sit up. Her legs slightly shook as she tried to stand so she ended up staying in her sitting position at the edge of the sidewalk.
"And here I thought you were impotent, turns out your hormone levels are off the charts." She chuckled.

Shoto was confused. This girl was his rival. He didn't like her. Yes, she had her moments but at the end of the day he didn't like her.
So if that was true...then why was being connected to her so enjoyable? Why did his own body betray him? Could he even stop it if it happened again? Was he strong enough?

And all while Todoroki was trying to fight this mental battle, this war. The girl just kept talking.
She kept fucking talking.

"I mean seriously, I would have never pegged you for a tongue guy, lip biting yeah, but not tongue"
She didn't know what she was doing. Up until that point she assumed Todoroki was fine with her teases. After all, it was obvious she was just as embarrassed about the kiss as he was. This was her way of coping. Instead of bottling up her feelings like Shoto she made jokes and tried to lighten the air.

"Amami" the boy warned.

She never listened to him. She never listened to anyone. That's what Todoroki thought, atleast.

Meanwhile, Chihiro didn't hear her last name come from his mouth. She was too busy cackling the embarrassment away. The two teenagers obviously had two very different ways of coping with the situation. But if she had heard her name leave his lips then she certainly would have stopped, but she didn't.
She didn't and now things were about to get interesting.