My face falls into my hands, muffling a loud groan. "Tommy's going to hate me!"

Mother Dearest laughs, leaning toward me to rub my arm.

I place my hand over hers, wondering how such a small touch can be so comforting. It just doesn't make sense. Except maybe it does because she's my mother.

"He's in love with you. He can never hate you."

As if hearing that makes things any better. I don't need to be reminded that he's in love with me right now. That'll just make things harder on me. But maybe she's just trying to help me understand that he'd want me to be happy... in this fake relationship I'm debating.

"You're not helping!"

"Baby, look at me."

I look at her.

"Tell me," she starts, pinning me with a look that gives me goosebumps, "yes or no?"

I sigh, sitting back.

It's a yes. It's been a yes this whole time, but I JUST DON'T KNOW! What if this all blows up in my face? I have read enough romance novels to know that these things always badly...

And I've read enough to have secretly always wanted to experience this fakeness that was earlier proposed to me. So... fuck it.

"Yes." I mumble.

Mom makes an excited noise, clapping loud enough to make Eryn start making weird gurgling sounds.

I grimace. "That can't be normal, Er."

"You'll be finding out for yourself soon enough." Mom smirks at me. I gag.

She must have a sad life to threaten me with future baby things I'm going to have to handle.

"Ew."

She laughs at me again, flipping Eryn around before holding her up and starting to burp her.

For a few moments, we don't say a word. Mostly because I don't want to distract her burping ritual. But she's had four other kids. This is surely a piece of cake for her by now.

"So, it's a yes?" I ask her, still a little unsure.

"It's not up to me!" She says with way too much attitude for my liking.

"Hey, watch your tone lady."

She raises a brow at me, resulting in me looking away from her and awkwardly clearing my throat.

"That's what I thought. And it's a yes if you think it is. It's a no if you think it is. Do your own thinking, I have a baby to take care of."

But what's the point in having a mother, then? Are they not here for limitless distribution of their wisdom?

❄︎❄︎❄︎

I still haven't said a word to Levin, and he hasn't said a word to me.

He hasn't tried texting me, and I'm glad. That definitely helps with the pressure... Not.

Shouldn't it? God, what is wrong with me!

And that isn't a question, it's a demand. Something needs to be fixed in my head, ASAP. I can't live like this. Thinking kills brain cells. Or at least it feels like it.

My nights have been limited to fixing and tweaking things for school, bad cartoons I find, and putting heart shaped stickers on any surface I can find.

Don't ask about that last one, I've just been randomly picking up that sticker sheet since high school. Still haven't wasted up all the stickers, though. Don't ask about how either. But I can't shut up right now, so maybe I'll say something about it anyway.