Paragender

THE PARAGENDER FLAG

The grey stripes represent partial gender

The white stripes represent a lack of gender.

The yellow stripe represents non-binary gender alignment, or general non-binaryness.

The green stripes are used because green is close to yellow on the color wheel, representing the "near-ness" of paragender.

DEFINITION

Paragender is a gender that has been defined in multiple ways. It is most well known as a gender in which one is mostly a given gender, but not entirely that gender (either due to being slightly another gender, or only understanding their gender as part given gender and nothing else). In this context, it is similar to demigender, but is more specific as in paragender the majority gender outweighs the other gender(s).

The majority gender is generally understood to be 51-99% of one's total gender. The minority gender can be any gender or combination of genders, or nothing if one only sees their gender as being "part". The coinciding gender is most commonly reported as agender (though this should not be construed as necessarily being the same as only have "part" of a gender; the other "part" doesn't necessarily need to be filled) and takes up 1-49% of one's gender.

Paragender on its own could be used in a few different ways:

•An umbrella term for genders such as Paragirl, Paraboy and Para-Nb. The para- prefix can be added to any gender to indicated the paragender version of that gender.

•Someone who is most connected to the concept of gender (in general) but not fully.

Is included in the international non-binary day on the 14th of July.