17

Marco's POV

I put my hand on the left side trying to search for Jean, I sit up, he's sitting at the study table facing me. His laptop is still open, that means he fell asleep not long ago, I check the time, it's 11:03p.m. already. I got off the bed, I feeling better now, i got out of his room to get a cup of water. I wash my my face, I look to the side, the middle room, Jean never let me in before, I walk to it, what can he be hiding? I open the door, it's pitch black, I open the lights, it's full there's, there's unfinished art on each different canvas, the wall is stuck on with lots of sketches. A canvas is on the stand, I take a look at it, it's me. There's a wall board and it's stapled with me on the magazine, there's even sketches of me, wow. The curtains are close, I open them, you get to see the whole view of the city, it's beautiful. No wonder why the apartment look expensive, you get a whole view of Rose City, must be nice to have a little date here, I can see Jean's room balcony. I walk back into his room, I take the blanket and cover him up. I run my hand through his hair, 'I love you', I don't what games are you playing Jean. Are you trying to trick me again? Or what Mikasa said was true? How did I won your heart Jean? I hold his front hair up, I lower down and kiss his forehead, "Take this as a thank you pretty boy", I said quietly to him. Before I left, I leave a note on the kitchen counter, I got a taxi and got back to momma's apartment, "I'm home!", I shouted while taking off my shoes, "My sweet baby!!! Where were you?!?!", momma hugged me tightly. "I was so close to call the police!", she said taking a look at me. "Mrs Ackerman called me said you were sick and you're on your way home but I've waited for you for 8 hours!", I hugged her back, "I'm fine momma", I said, "I want you to tell me everything!", she said, I can't tell her any of that of what happened, she'll definitely kill Jean. "Momma can I not tell you about it?", I asked, "Are you hiding something from me? You've disappeared for 8 hours! I called you thousands of time! Is that Jean Kirstein involved?", how did she know? "No, definitely not I just don't want to tell anyone about anything", she look at me and sighed. "Alright, you're already an adult I won't get into your space to much, but you can't just disappear for 8 hours and tell me nothing!", she hit my shoulder. "Tell me anything when you want to, I'm your momma, you can tell me anything", she said. "Okay, can I go shower now?", I asked, "Go, and go get some rest."

Jean's POV

"Take this as a thank you from me pretty boy", I heard someone said. I'm too sleepy to open my eyes, I heard the door close, I open my eyes, the blankets on me. I rub my eye and look around, where's Marco? I look at the bed, he's not there, I walk out to see that the art room door is left open. I turn on the lights, everything is on still in its place, the curtains are open. I walk to the kitchen, there's a note, I open it to see what it is, 'Thank you for your care, Jean', he left without even saying goodbye. I touch my forehead, it felt like someone left a kiss on it, could it be Marco? That's sound a bit weird because he hates me. He didn't even want to wear our wedding ring, how could he possibly even kiss me, wait he didn't wear his ring so it'll be in my bedroom, I run to my bedroom and search on the nightstand and bed, it's nowhere to be found. How could I lost it?! Damn it! But what I remember is that he took it off and held it in his hand, but it's impossible to keep it in your hand while you're asleep. Where did it go?!?!

Marco's POV

I put the chain into the ring and wear it around my neck, it has Jean's name carved on the inside, the one Jeans wearing must have my name carved on the inside too. "Marco, are you hungry?", momma open the door, I quickly hide it in my shirt. "A little", I said, "I'll cook you some instant noodle" "Can I share it with you?", I asked before she leaves. "Alright, how many shrimp do you want?" "One will do", I said, she closed the door, I take it out and take a look at it and look at the calendar, 2 more months to go and it'll be New Year and another 4 months till I move back in with Jean. Am I ready to get back to his side?