Christopher slightly tilted his head. "Yes. Billy was expendable... Sierra and Terrance were supposed to have died in that fire with me years ago. I wanted to end it all for us, save us from the misery that we called life. I laid down in the pews while the others were locked in the confessional, and I waited while the fire raged... but Terrance was mulish and didn't understand my plan. I wanted us to be purified and laid to rest, but he wanted to fight and live... he pulled Sarah and me out, and I resented him ever since."

Jaiden ran his hand through his hair, but it was tangled with dirt and blood. He sighed and dug the cigarettes from his pocket. He opened the pack with one hand and placed a new cigarette on his lips. He tossed the pack on the hood behind him and struggled with his lighter for a moment. The wind kept blowing out the flame. He gave Christopher an annoyed look and held the lighter out towards him. "Be a doll, won't you?"

"I said get in the van, not smoke."

"You said I was a dead man, so give a dead man this one vice." Jaiden said, the cigarette hanging from his lips.

Christopher's lips pulled into a straight line, but he took the lighter from Jaiden. He blocked the wind to allow the cigarette to light. Jaiden took a deep breath and inhaled the smoke.

"You know, I used to hate smoking, but it was one thing that helped stop the nightmares. Now I can't get enough of it. I suppose that's the beauty of addiction." Jaiden said quietly.

Christopher didn't say anything but just watched Jaiden like he was prey.

"Have you ever loved anyone?" Jaiden asked while enjoying his cigarette, seemingly unperturbed by the menacing gaze.

"Love is a meaningless emotion." He scoffed.

"You were sleeping with Cynthia for a while. She would have left her husband for you."

Christopher chuckled. "What was it that you told Billy? Ah... I was horny, and she was willing."

"You have a sex drive? Huh. That's surprising... What about Jacob, your second victim?"

Christopher glared. "He's a man."

Jaiden raised an eyebrow. "Nothing fucking wrong with that."

Christopher nodded towards the junkyard. "Sierra helped with that. That idiot couldn't say no to a pretty woman."

Jaiden clenched his jaw. "You manipulated Sierra, pimped her out, and then killed her. That was cruel." He narrowed his glare. "Love is not a meaningless emotion; you're just incapable of feeling any emotion."

"It is as meaningless as this conversation." He rolled his eyes. "Is this really the last thing you want to talk about before you die?"

Jaiden took a long drag from his cigarette, blowing the smoke in Christopher's face.

"If you asked me two years ago, I wholeheartedly believed that it should have been me who died in that church. Hell, you could have gone after me a year ago, and I probably would have given you my life willingly... be a part of your art or whatever sick excuse you're spouting. I had nothing to lose... You really fucked me over, Christopher. You waited until I had something worthwhile to pull this stunt, and I hate you for that. Now, I want to give death a hearty 'fuck you'."

He puffed out a small plume of smoke, listening to the sirens. But their distance was now mocking him. They were never close enough.

"In the hospital, you asked me what I regret. Do you remember what I told you?" He asked.

Christopher sighed. "You said, 'too many fucking things'."

Jaiden chuckled. "What about you? Do you have any regrets in this lifetime?"