26

"Me... I was hoping you'd want to be my boyfriend."

Hyunjin's grip around the small box weakened as the words replayed over and over in his head. Time had seemed to slow down as he his brain was working hard to process those words whilst simultaneously trying to find a fitting response.

"Yes."

'REALLY?!?! IS THAT ALL I CAN SAY?!?!' He inwardly yelled at himself, simply watching Changbin's expression contort from nervous to extreme relieve.

"You made me almost throw up there with the amount of time you took to answer." He chuckled, carefully taking the ring out of the box as he grabbed onto Hyunjin's hand. He looked up at the boy as if to ask if he could put it around one of his fingers and all the boy could do was nod.

"So we're moving this fast, huh?"

"It's just a casual ring. I'll have a different one ready for our engagement." Changbin said with a wink, causing Hyunjin to laugh quietly.

"Alright, alright..."

The stood in silence for a moment, just staring at each other until it finally dawned on Hyunjin that he was officially dating the boy in front of him. He could be as affectionate as he wanted to be and they wouldn't necessarily have to keep it private. With that in mind, he leaned in and kissed Changbin. He could feel the boy move his lips against his own and for the first time, it was more than just a simple 'pressing lips against each other'.

Hyunjin eventually disconnected their intimate moment as he rested his forehead against Changbin's. It was a bit uncomfortable for him as he had to arch his back slightly, but he wasn't too bothered by the height difference.

"We should... go to the party." Changbin said, a bit out of breath as Hyunjin nodded as a response, not trusting his words either.

The two walked through the hallway hand in hand, until the noticed Chan waiting at them at the top of the stairs. He looked at their joined hands and noticed the ring around Hyunjin's finger, the corners of his lips moving upward immediately.

"So you finally asked him, huh?"

"He sure did." Hyunjin responded for the boy beside him, which seemed to turn red in embarrassment.

"Did you also ask him about the dance, or did you forget?" Chan continued, instantly causing Changbin's expression to falter. "I forgot..."

"Dance?"

"I have to do the first dance to officially open the ball... I was wondering if—uhm... if you wanted to be my dancing partner."

"Boy am I glad I've been forced to practice by Minho hyung. I'll gladly dance with you."

"Phew... Awesome. Oh— One more thing..."

"Yeah?"

"Are you okay with me telling guests you're my boyfriend? I understand that it literally just happened so maybe you don't want it yet, then I'll be more cautious about it." Hyunjin thought about it for a moment but ultimately shook his head.

"You can tell them. Honestly, if I wasn't comfortable with you telling people I shouldn't have even come here in the first place, right? You're the literal king, if attention scared me I shouldn't date you... at least... that's what I think." He finished with a smile, watching Changbin nod in agreement.

"You're right. Lets go then, boyfriend."

Chan could be heard making a fake gagging sound, probably feeling even more single now that there was another couple that was going to be around him. With the way Seungmin and Jeongin were acting as well, it seemed like him and Felix would be the odd ones out soon enough.