Chapter 18 - Rune

Start from the beginning

"What about that policeman?"

"Luke? Yes, he could help us. That's a good idea. But I just thought of something else. Before you make the final decision, you need to take that into consideration. If we start the case, tell Luke, Izzy, obviously my mother. Magnus, everyone in my family will know who you are. They'll know that your pen name is Matthew Archer, and they'll know what happened to you. Your wounds... and that's just my family. Who knows what kind of publicity this case will get in the end. Who knows who the guilt of my father's office will drag down. It could even involve judges. Are you prepared for that? Please think about it first. If you say no, I'll throw the case in the trash without a second thought."

Then Snowflake stood up, rubbed first Magnus, then Alec, and started to meow loudly. He took his baby in her mouth and started to walk out.

" She's hungry, let's feed her and I want a coffee." Magnus said with a smile.

They went out of the study. While Magnus fed Snowflake, Alec made the coffee.

"Alexander, this is delicious, I can smell the cinnamon on top of the whipped cream." Magnus smiled at him as he took a sip of his coffee.

"I guess I don't really need to think about it. Your family was going to find out who I was sooner or later anyway. We couldn't keep it from them forever. And I'm prepared for the possibility of it becoming public knowledge. As long as you're by my side, I'm not afraid of anything, Alexander."

"Magnus, you are braver than I am. Will we be able to handle this? I just want a quiet and peaceful life for us, nothing else."

"Alexander, as long as you're by my side, I can handle anything" With that Magnus leaned over and kissed Alec.

"Except for the bitter taste of black coffee, Jeez Alexander, how can you drink it like that?" stuck out his tongue grimacing Magnus after the black coffee tasting kiss.

They laughed at each other, Alec pulled him close to hugging him tightly, then took Magnus' sweet, creamy coffee from the table, sipped it, now he grimaced. " Jeez Magnus, how can you drink it like that?" he stuck out his tongue, grimaced a little, then grabbed Magnus, put him on the table in one easy motion and leaned towards him. "Now the kiss will be sweet." He said.

"Alexander, I love you." Magnus smiled at him, then offered him his lips. Alec accepted. The kiss was sweet now, and tasted of cinnamon.

When they ran out of breath, kisses and coffee, they went back to the study.

"Magnus, so what's the next step?"

"I've never been more sure I want to do this."

"Listen, I can stay away from the university for five days. I'll talk to my teacher. I'm at the top of my class, I can pass my exams and study at home for a week."

"What do you say we have your mom Izzy and Jace over tonight? We'll tell them all about me. And tomorrow your mom will tell Luke."

"That sounds like a plan." gave Alec a kiss for Magnus. Wait, I'll call mom first."

An hour later, Maryse and the siblings appeared.

" Kids, what's so urgent? Is something wrong?"

"No mom, we just need to talk about something. Come in and we'll tell you everything. Izzy, Jace, this is Magnus."

"I've heard so much about you, it's nice to meet you, although it would have been better to meet in a more pleasant setting." Magnus said.

"No problem dude, but take care of my brother, because if you hurt him, you'll have to deal with me" said Jace