Chapter 4 - Robert

(Note: I have added the bolded parts as an addition,

only important for those who have read it before.)

"Where have you been?" his father asked.

"Just hanging out with friends after the lectures," lied Alec. His father walked over and pressed him on the shoulder.

"You're lying." he said harshly. Then he grabbed his shoulder and pushed him down. He brought Alec to his knees. Alec was a tall, muscular boy, but his father was even taller. He was stronger than Alec, who was also completely blocked by fear.

"My business partner saw you get in an older man's car this afternoon. What do you thought? It's not enough that you're a disgrace to your family's reputation, you're also messing with people your father's age?"

Alec was in a complete panic. So they saw him with Ragnor. He can't tell he works for him. So he kept quiet and said nothing.

"So you're not even trying to deny it?"

"Ragnor had nothing to do with it, Dad," said Alec, holding back tears. Then horrified he realized he had said his name, but it was too late to do anything.

"So he has a name for the shameless one."

Alec was afraid he might say anything else, so he kept his mouth shut and said no more.

"Get over your perverse habits. If I ever find out that you meet this Ragnor again, you will regret it."

His father said, and kicked Alec twice in the chest for emphasis. Alec cried out when he felt the hard kick.

"Now go, and you're not going anywhere this weekend."

"I hate you! You're not my father!" cried Alec.

"Why can't you accept that this is who I am? Yes, I am different from you. I like boys. But what's wrong with that? Can't you see it's natural and there's nothing to be ashamed of? " Shouted Alec, fighting back tears.

"Get out, you pervert!" his father shouted

Alec stood up and went up to his room crying. Maryse was still in the kitchen, but she dared not look at her son. He went into his room, sat on the edge of his bed and began to sob softly.

Then Izzy came in, holding something in her hand.

"Did he hurt you again, big brother?" she asked.

"Yes, he kicked me, my ribs hurt, but my soul hurts more. Why can't Dad accept me Izzy? 

Izzy knelt down in front of him. "He doesn't deserve you to be his son. Robert is a heartless monster. Show me your bruises, I've brought you some ice."

Alec tried to take off his shirt, but hissed in pain.

"Izzy, can you help me? I can't. It hurts."

Izzy stood up and gently helped him take off his shirt.

"It looks really bad," she looked at the bruise, "We should go to the hospital."

"No, no. Izzy, then it'll be a police case, it'll be bad for the office, and Mom will be left alone. I can't do that to the family."

Izzy sighed "You know, big brother, sometimes I think it would be better for Mom and us without Dad. I know we wouldn't have any money or a nice house, but it's worth it. Robert is a beast"

Alec looked at her with teary eyes "I'm just really tired right now. I'd like to rest. The weekend's coming and on Monday my lectures are canceled. I don't have to go to university until next Tuesday. Dad closed me anyway, if I can rest I'll be fine by then."