Chapter 13 - The rose

They got up while Alec was getting ready Magnus made breakfast and coffee.

"Alexander, I'll give you a key to the apartment. Here's a spare key. Take this."

"Thank you Magnus. What are you going to do today?"

When you're gone, I'll tidy up and get to work. I'm working on a novel by a young writer. It's very promising, it's good. I think he has a great future. I've got a deadline in three weeks. When will the lectures end today? "

"The last one will end at 3pm. I'll be home around 3:30. Magnus, do you need anything from the shop? Let me know if you need anything and I'll pick it up on the way home."

"I'm working late today, so I think we'll order in for dinner. Maybe you can bring some fruit. Anything you like. Except kiwi, I'm allergic. "

"Okay. Thanks for breakfast, I have to hurry. See you in the afternoon." He pressed a quick kiss to Magnus' lips and left.

"Alexander," Magnus said after him, "Alexander, take this with you, I made you something to eat. And here's your coffee in the little thermos. Black, just the way you like it."

"Magnus, you're amazing. Thank you." Alec put the food away, took the thermos in his hand and leaned in to kiss Magnus once more.

"I don't want to stop, but I have to go because I'm late." Alec gasped, still tasting Magnus' upper lip with his lips. Mr. Aldertree, my Roman law teacher will excommunicate me if I'm late for class."

"Go quickly then, don't be late."

Alec left, Magnus packed up, fed Snowflake and went into the study. He picked up the manuscript, sat down in the rocking chair and began to read.

When Alec had finished his morning lectures . He went to the dining room, looking for Izzy.

Hello Alec, Izzy greeted him when she saw him. How are ....JEEZ, WHAT HAPPENED TO YOUR HAND??? asked Izzy in shock when she saw the bandage on Alec's hand.

Alec told her all about his father's attack. "Why didn't you call me? Izzy asked. 'Is mom all right? She didn't call either."

"Yes, she' s fine. I told her not to bother you, because then you would have left Simon and run home. So at least we didn't have to worry about you. Besides, you deserve a break. And I must admit, I really enjoyed Magnus' care. In fact, I was glad that there wasn't room at the dorm."

"Oh my God, oh my God, I think you two have a thing, don't you? Please tell me I'm right."

Alec blushed, and Izzy started shouting "I KNOW, I KNOW, I'm so happy for you. I want to hear all the details, right here, right now."

"Izzy, please be quiet, I don't need the whole university to know about my private life." Alec rolled his eyes.

As they ate, Alec started telling Izzy about Magnus. He thought a bit about telling Izzy who Magnus really was and that he had been abused, but he didn't go into it. Magnus took him into his confidence, he didn't want to play around with the fact that he was already gossiping. Even if it was about his sister, and even if his sister knew how important Matthew Archer was to him. Trust is an important thing, hard to gain, but easier to lose with a carelessly uttered sentence, and Alec wasn't about to play games with that.

"So you kissed," Izzy said between bites, "and how was it?"

Jeez, Izzy, do you really want me to go into details about kissing Magnus?"

"Of course, I want to know everything, and have you slept together?"

"IZZY, restrain yourself please. God," Alec rolled his eyes "Okay I tell you. Kissing him was really sweet, gentle and sensitive. He's obviously more experienced than me...and no, we didn't sleep together, although we did sleep in the same bed last night. But we agreed that the next step would be too soon. Are you happy now?" He looked at his sister and took a bite of his sandwich.