Rev wanted him to stay at the cottage but he was too awkward for me to live with, and I pleaded there wasn't enough space, so he lived in a tiny camper in the backyard, which annoyed me almost as much. Two of my guys still stayed with me at all times. We didn't need to pinch pennies as much anymore but I took comfort in them being there, and I think they liked being with me, also. It was usually Tommy and Clay because Jake was steadily dating Shane, and while he kept his stuff in a hotel room with Sam, he wasn't there much. Sam's wife visited him almost every weekend.

The guys still adored Rev but were barely cordial with Brad when they saw him. Jake vehemently protested my plans to marry Brad, but no one else said a thing about it. Rev also told me not to do it when I gave him the date, but he hadn't brought it up since.

I had taken one trip back to Texas in April with Rev. I really enjoyed all of his team, and Tim's family. The guys were all welcoming and friendly this time around. Lia and I spent time talking and bonding over our shared grief. At one point, Tim pulled me aside and had a very serious paternal conversation with me about Brad and Rev. He thought I was marrying Brad for the wrong reasons. He didn't think I should be with him at all, and that I should wait for Rev. I listened, respected his opinion, and gave him my reasons. I couldn't tell anyone, let alone myself then, that the driving force behind doing it was that I was scared if I didn't I would lose Brad for good.

He nodded, told me he respected my decision, and said he wanted me to call him if I ever needed help in the future. He gave me both his number and Lia's.

May was going to be a rough month. Bre was literally due five days before Drew's due date. There was a chance Ava could be born on his due date if Bre ran late, and I had no idea how I'd be able to survive that. I had spoken with Steve, Bre, and Brad about how to communicate with me about Ava.

We decided what would be best was if we didn't have any shows scheduled for the week of Drew's due date and I would come home that week, but if she arrived outside of that window, no one would tell me. I needed to be told in person at home so I could see her when I was ready, and so I had Brad there for support. Brad told Andy and Kendra this plan also. Plus, Brad promised he wouldn't meet her without me, and Bre and Steve knew I wanted it that way.

I really wasn't sure how it was going to go and I anticipated the upcoming event with trepidation.

...........................................................................

Bre had been with Brad another five times since January, and had resumed normalcy with Steve since the anniversary of Drew's death. By April she was so uncomfortable she didn't want sex with anyone.

Sex with Steve had improved greatly since her time with Brad. Other than the very first time with Steve, Bre had never instigated it nor took the lead on anything. While she loved Steve's consistently dependable routines, the bedroom was an area she preferred him to surprise her, and that wasn't ever going to happen without her initiative. Brad had opened her eyes to her own preferences and shown her how enjoyable it could be, which made her not want to settle for anything less. He also helped her to be so comfortable in her own body that her confidence increased enough for her to take the lead and ask for what she wanted. Her poor awestruck husband was more than happy to comply, but half the time seemed so shocked and bewildered, she could hardly refrain from laughing. He loved everything they did, though, and he told her so. He also made comments about her 'pregnancy hormones', which was clearly what he had attributed the change to.

She still spoke to Brad frequently and tried to keep him gently in line regarding Paige. Paige still set off his temper, most often on the topic of Rev, so when Bre felt Brad's jealousy getting the better of him, she found a way to make some time for him. It helped him, it helped her to help him, and she greatly valued their time together.