The Suspect

Richard^

Richard^

"Hey, Scarlett, we got trouble!" Lyssa called aloud, rushing down the hall and into Scarlett's office. The brunette could hear the pitter patter of her heels on the hardwood floor from a mile away.

"What?" Scarlett muttered halfheartedly, continuing to flip through the document in front of her.

"I just got off the phone with the GCPD, they want you down there," the blonde explained with haste, her brows furrowing with stress.

Scarlett raised her brow pointedly, looking from Lyssa to Stolz and then back to Lyssa once more.

"Apparently you're a suspect to a murder," Lyssa continued, holding the folder in her arms closer to her chest.

"What the fuc-" the boss began, dropping the documents onto the table and staring incredulously at the young woman.

Richard pushed his head in through the door, laughing right at her, "uh oh, Scarlett, went on another rampage did you?"

"Shut up, Richard."

"Madame won't be happy if you got caught doing something you shouldn't be doing," he continued scolding lightly, continuing to laugh along.

"So? The Madame wouldn't be happy with the fake tax you've applied on one of her smaller accounts, would she?" Scarlett quizzed, her smile growing larger as his face dropped completely. "That's what I thought." she smirked, watching as the grown man rolled his eyes like a fussy child and stomped away.

"Detective Gordon says if you don't go down to the station he'll consider it as a statement of guilt and you'll be arrested," Lyssa explained further, recounting what was said through the phone only moments before.

Scarlett sighed loudly, standing up, "he's really got it out for me, doesn't he?"

"Yes, ma'am,"

"Stolz, get the car ready, I have to go clear my name," she demanded, making eye contact with the man next to her.

Stolz raised his brow, "you're not going to change first?"

"You care what I'm wearing?" she asked, peering down at the white matching ensemble she wore with matching heels. She understood what he meant, this was not appropriate for where she was going, but that was the least of her worries.

"Just don't know if that's... appropriate for a police department," he coughed out.

"Good."