DAY 30: HEAVY HEARTS(3)

Start from the beginning

Ron pushed Choi Han away, Archie complimented Choi Han, only to receive a hard slap on the shoulders by Witira, and there's Alberu who was tapping Choi Han's shoulders, as if saying he did a good job.

Ron checked the young master, who was now calmly breathing, laying flatly on the bed. Ron turned his head to the swordsman, who was fidgeting over his fingers.

"He fainted, you didn't have to slap him that hard. Look at his cheek, your hand left a mark!"

There was a large hand mark on Cale's left cheek, it was red and slightly beating. Everyone almost feel bad for the redhead.

"You said you won't do it, but it was you who slapped him."

Beacrox clicked his tongue and handed the first aid box on his father.

Choi Han is a clown.

****

Cale woke up feeling the stinging sensation in his left cheek, it wasn't a dream. Choi Han really slapped the hell out of him.

He sighed and clicked his tongue, touched his cheek and almost let out a laugh when he felt that his cheek. He roamed his eyes in the unfamiliar room he was in, it was blinding, gold and jewels are embedded in the wall, no the wall was made of gold and diamond plates.

"Where?"

"Oh you're awake."

Eruhaben noticed the redhead's movement in the bed and decided to check Cale's condition.

"Well, what do you think? Isn't my lair nice?"

Cale looked at the golden dragon, who was puffing his chest, as if waiting to be complimented.

Nice? This dragon said that this gold and diamond plated walls are just nice? Crazy.

"It, looks, dazzling and super rich."

"Right? I looted a lot of corrupt officials to make this happen."

"What?"

Cale was stupefied on the bed he was in looking at the golden dragon. Eruhaben stared at him before speaking.

"You'll stay here as we look for something helpful in your condition. We can monitor you, everyone can visit you everyday-"

"No. Don't let anyone, or the kids visit me."

"Cale.."

"Eruhaben-nim, I know my body well. The bastard has been surging more frequently. I don't want another incident like Raon's."

Eruhaben clicked his tongue, Cale has been avoiding the children since the incident happen, the golden dragon could see that the redhead was clearly guilty and scared of what he did. He couldn't accept it. The ancient dragon sat on the bed, stared at Cale.

"Cale.. you can't avoid the kids forever. Besides that, Raon, On and Hong always cry because you won't see them. They think it's their fault."

Cale held a breath and clenched his fists together with the blanket. Eruhaben held Cale's trembling hands.

"Cale.."

Cale had a deep frown and expression in his face, Eruhaben messed his hair when he saw Cale nodded at him.

"I'll go get them m'kay?"

Cale looked at him, nodded and replied.

"Bring some food when you came back."

Eruhaben almost snorted when the younger ordered him, he chuckled and nodded before closing the door.

"Goldie grampssss!"

Raon flew over Eruhaben's head, fluttering his wings, the kittens meowed on him and taps his legs like asking about Cale.

"He'll see you. He'll see you. Did you prepare the things you want to give to him?"

Raon and the kittens' eyes sparkled as they nodded excitedly, they rushed to the kitchen and quarreled to who will carry the basket of food prepared for Cale.

"I'll carry it nya!" - On

"Nya! I can carry it!" - Hong

"I'm the strongest, I'll carry it! Give it to me!" - Raon

The look like playing a war of tug, pulling the poor basket into their embrace. Eruhaben shakes his head and clicked his tongue and pulled the basket into his arms. The children looked at him with grumpy expressions.

"Gramps!"

"Grandpa!"

"Noooo grandpa nyaaa.."

"Hush. Fix your clothes so we can now get inside Cale's room."

Eruhaben eyed them as they fixed their clothes, Raon was fidgeting on the table top.

"What is it? Hmm?"

Eruhaben patted his head while checking the insides of the basket.

"What if human is still distant to us..?"

On and Hong then hovered towards them in their human form, they looked the golden dragon with curiosity and cautiousness. Eruhaben looked at them.

"Hmm.. if that is the case, then you can visit him everyday so that he won't feel alone, and if that doesn't work, just smack the back of his head and tell him what you feel."

The children looked at him while nodding their heads, Eruhaben patted each of their heads and crouched slightly, enough to level his head with the children's.

"Remember the drill? If the White Star suddenly surges in? What will you guys do?"

"Cast a shield around him.." - Raon

"Immediately call grampa Ron or grampa Eruhaben, or Choi Han or Rosalyn.." - Hong

"Don't easily approach him and we should stay hidden under youngest invisibility magic.." - On

Eruhaben nodded his head and grabbed the basket.

"Very good, now let's go."

******

"Cale?"

Eruhaben called out the redhead before opening the door. He heard an answer from the room, and opened the door, he glanced over the kids who was nervously waiting behind him.

"Come in.."

Cale's weak voice echoed through the room, Raon's wings fluttered, he peeked his head from the edge of the door frame, same as the cat siblings. He let out a sniffle, a liquid run down his nose.

"H,human.."

He called out to the redhead who was staring at the sky like ceiling of the room, Cale's eyes settled at the black blob and the shivering kids peeking from the door frame, Eruhaben was now arranging the food in the table. He sat up from his bed and eyed the kids once again.

They look like abandoned puppies.

Cale thought, he sighed and opened his arms wide, putting a small smile on his face,

"Did you miss me? Won't you give me a hug?"

"Unggghh!"

"Wahhhhh! Humannnn!"

"Hunnnngghhh!"

The kids scrambled and jumped into Cale's embrace. The room suddenly went loud, the cries of the children felt like a warm blanket to Cale's cold nights, and Cale soothing the kids puts Eruhaben's heart at ease.

For now.