𝟏𝟎 ✫ 𝐚𝐧 𝐞𝐱𝐩𝐥𝐨𝐬𝐢𝐯𝐞 𝐛𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐡𝐝𝐚𝐲 𝐩𝐚𝐫𝐭𝐲

•| ⊱✿⊰ |•
𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐄𝐍

    𝐁𝐑𝐈𝐃𝐆𝐄𝐓 𝐇𝐀𝐒 𝐀𝐋𝐖𝐀𝐘𝐒 𝐇𝐀𝐃 a love-hate relationship with summer

    𝐁𝐑𝐈𝐃𝐆𝐄𝐓 𝐇𝐀𝐒 𝐀𝐋𝐖𝐀𝐘𝐒 𝐇𝐀𝐃 a love-hate relationship with summer. For any normal teenager, summer is the best time of the year because it means they are free of the pressures of school and for some, traveling to vacation homes for the three month break. But for a girl dealing with an ageless curse and having had the carpet ripped from under her on multiple occasions, it was just another long and exhausting year that has come to an end.

    She did the same thing she always did, except school was no longer in the equation. Bridget had kept to herself, working more hours at the restaurant and even going into the library on Saturday's as well as Sunday's. She goes to the beach as often as she likes, which is a big plus and she gets to practice ballet more in her spare time. She even found herself enjoying the time she would spend with Briar Claw when teaching the girl the violin.

    Teaching was actually easier than Bridget had realized, though Briar did have a hard time learning the basic strings in the beginning. Bridget had to remind herself that not everyone is naturally gifted like she was and it takes time for other people. Where it took her only a couple days to understand the basics, it took Briar a month to get it down But by the end of the summer, Briar had advanced well. She even said her mom was saving just to buy her a violin so she doesn't have to keep using hers. Bridget didn't mind, though.

    It was strange, really, because the time she spent with Briar was actually something she looked forward to. Last month, Briar had shocked her by claiming she was such a great friend. Bridget didn't really know what to say to that. She had spent so many decades avoiding that word outside of the Cullens. But Bridget didn't correct her, she just let the word weigh heavily on her shoulders and tried to come to terms with it.

    Briar is an amazing girl, and in any situation Bridget would be thrilled to call this girl a friend. If only that word didn't scare her half to death.

    Now that summer was over and school was back in action, Bridget was actually happy to be going back to school. It was another distraction, another thing to pass the time. And now that she was no longer going to Forks, it made things so much more worth it.

    As the bell rang in dismissal, Bridget found herself at her locker, dreading the idea of returning to the house. Unfortunately, Alice had talked Bridget into attending the birthday party she was throwing for no other than Bella Swan. It couldn't really be for anyone else in the house seeing as none of them celebrate their birthdays like that, only exchange gifts against the recipients wishes.

    The situation with Edward 'dating' a human girl was still intense, especially whenever Edward brought the girl near the family. Bridget had gotten pretty decent at dodging the girl, but of course, that could not be avoided for long. It was an awkward meeting, if you can even call it that, seeing as the last time Bridget had spoken to Bella was when she told her to mind her business. Obviously she did not listen and it was clear that Bella could sense Bridget's discomfort with her even though Bella still to this day knows nothing about her or why she stays with the Cullens.