𝟖 ✫ 𝐬𝐭𝐫𝐚𝐧𝐠𝐞 𝐝𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐦𝐬

•| ⊱✿⊰ |•
𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐄𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓

    𝐒𝐎𝐎𝐍 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐑𝐎𝐀𝐃𝐒 𝐖𝐄𝐑𝐄 engulfed in darkness as the day slowly came to an end

    𝐒𝐎𝐎𝐍 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐑𝐎𝐀𝐃𝐒 𝐖𝐄𝐑𝐄 engulfed in darkness as the day slowly came to an end. Rain poured from the dark clouds and thunder cracked from a distance, the closer they got to Port Angeles, the louder it got. Paul Lahote kept one hand on the steering wheel, gripping so tightly that his knuckles turned white. His expression remained hard and focused, making sure not to lose the car in front of him.

    As the old station wagon made a right hand turn, Paul instinctively followed, making sure not to ride the rear of the woman he was clearly tailing, but made sure he wasn't too far back for anyone to cut him off. He knew exactly where she was going, having listened in on her phone conversation with one of those leeches she lives with before she left. The utter nausea he felt with the thought of her being in that house with them. And she wasn't just another innocent human they are sworn to protect from those horrible beings... She was his imprint.

    His imprint.

    The moment he met Bridget Clark, his life was turned upside down. Paul thought that nothing could top changing into a giant wolf and killing vampires. But then he heard an angelic voice singing that somehow compelled him to follow it, just to know who it belonged to and then one look into those bright, hauntingly stunning crystal blue eyes and Paul knew he was hooked.

    He hadn't been able to stop freaking out about it since. He has learned all about the imprint bond from Sam and Jared. He has had to endure their endless thoughts about it and their lovesick ways. Paul had prayed to anything that would listen not to let that happen to him. The last thing he wanted was to be whipped like the others.

    So when he realized that he indeed had an imprint, he was pissed. He didn't want to accept it. Not at first. He had too much shit to deal with. His uncle had just recently kicked him out and not too long ago his father disowned him. He had gone sulking to Sam and Emily with no other place to go. His uncle had every reason to kick him out, after what he did and he couldn't forgive himself for what he had done either. He finally had a good thing and he ruined it.

    Staying with Sam and Emily is not ideal but it's better than the alternative. Sam has saved his ass more times than he can count, and he sure as hell knows he doesn't deserve it half the time. Paul knows how bad his temper can get, how hard he has had to fight to control it. He was easily triggered long before he first phased. He didn't get the nickname 'hot-head' by being patient and reserved.

    Both Sam and Jared have tried to convince him that finding his imprint is the best thing that can happen to him, but they didn't know that he is used to being abandoned and it was something he couldn't handle again. First by his mother when he was eight, then by his father at fifteen, then his uncle about a month ago. Everyone he got close to has left him and that is why he didn't want an imprint. Because if the bond is just as possessive of your mind, body and soul as the others had explained it was, then he didn't want to risk the internal and physical pain when she eventually rejected him. It was bound to happen. It always does.