Chapter 2

Disclaimer: I do not own Twilight, only my original ideas and characters.

[][][][][][][][][][]

Dearest Cousin

Hey, it's been a while since I last contacted you.

I'm very disappointed in the fact that you let your childish feelings take over yourself when it was a time for mourning.

Petty grudges always have been your downfall, my dear.

I paid my respects to our dearly departed in my own way if you desired to know. Alice was oh so happy when I contacted her in the afterlife, we had quite a lot to catch up on, you see. You've always been so very interested in my private life, haven't you?

Anyways, I just wished for you to know that they are coming, and don't try to run, you know they'll always find you.

Your pretty boy appears to have pissed off my people one too many times.

Have fun, try to impress me for once.

Lucian Volturi, the 4th King of Volterra(If we are adding our titles now;) )

[][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]

'Did she figure it out? Already? Crap, this could mess up a lot of my plans if she does know. I need to be a hidden weapon that even they don't know about. If when they go to Volterra and Aro reads one of their minds, he'll surely find out!'

" Hm, what do you mean by that Alice?"

She searches Lucian's face for a second, eyes widening as she seems to come to a conclusion. " Ah, it's just, being a seer is a very rare thing, even in the supernatural community. In my visions, I have seen that even while you are... human, your gift seems to have manifested strongly. That is an uncommon occurrence indeed." Her cover-up was nearly perfect, yet the pause in her sentence gave it away.

She knew.

Her knowing was a bad thing, a very bad thing indeed. She would soon go to Volterra with Bella to see the Volturi, and there was no way he could stop her. It was key to the story that they both went, meaning that his secret would be unwillingly unveiled.

Since his original plans were now worthless, he had to find a new way in which he could be of use to the others. He needed to stay close to Bella, if only so that he could once and for all drive Edward away.

Her attitude towards him be damned, she was still his cousin now. No matter if they each held petty grudges towards one another.

" Ah, I see. I had no idea that it is so rare! I've only ever had small visions so far though, so I'm not sure if it's as potent as you think." That's a complete and utter fucking lie.

He could force his visions by will, thanks to it being a hereditary trait to be a seer in his family line. Although, forcing a vision is painful for him, as it depletes his magic to nearly empty in just one go. To see the future comes with the dangerous cost of complete exhaustion for the user. If a witch's magic gets too low they can easily die.

Unfortunately, he can not see the future from his own perspective, only others, so he can never fully know his involvement at that time, or if he should even be involved.

Out of the corner of his eye, he could see Bella's permanent scowl darkening. Edward rubbed her back to try and calm her down, but to no avail. Edward switched his attention onto Lucian, giving him a glare as if to say that Bella's mood was wholly his fault.