Chapter 1

Disclaimer: It's pretty obvious, but I don't own Twilight.

===========

'Dearest' Cousin

Don't pretend as if you care. Alice was my sister-in-law, you only met her because of me. She wouldn't want you here to grieve with us.

My family wants nothing to do with murderers like you and your filthy coven.

Never try to contact any of us again.

Mrs Bella Cullen

==========

Lucian walked hesitantly up the pathway to the house, deeply breathing in the hopes that his nerves would settle. Nothing could be done for the way his heart was beating rapidly in anxiety though.

' As soon as I walk through this door, my life will never be normal ever again.' he thought to himself ominously, before scoffing out loud. 'It's not as if I'd ever have a normal life anyway.' Building up enough courage, he knocked.

Lucian stood there in silence for a few moments, awkwardly waiting for the door to be answered.

The thundering of clumsy footsteps clomping down the stairs could be heard before the door was swung open to reveal his rather scruffy looking cousin.

She looked up at him, smiling invitingly before an ugly sneer contorted her features as she realised who he was.

" What are you doing here?" She spat at him harshly, not even bothering to be polite. Lucian smiled sweetly back at her, nodding his head in greeting.

" Bella, lovely as always to see you, how have you been these past few years? Is uncle Charlie in?"

"No, he's at work-"

" Ah, Lucian! You've arrived." Charlie came up behind him suddenly, startling the growing smirk off of his face. Lucian turned around, beaming at his one and only uncle.

He and his uncle Charlie had always had a close relationship, even though he only saw him once a year for a month in his younger years.

He didn't know that Lucian was now a witch since it came from his maternal side of the family, and there was not a drop of supernatural blood in his paternal side.

He invited him inside, passing a scowling Bella on his way to the kitchen. She gave Lucian a 'ferocious' glare, before turning ungracefully on her heel, heading for the stairs.

" Bella, stay down here." Charlie asked her.

"But I need to watch out for Edward, he's picking me up to go to his home." Bella whined, pouting at her father.

" Well, then you can wait for Edward down here, there's a window. Come on Bells, this is the first time you've seen your cousin in a few years, at least spend a bit of time with him."

Bella huffed, making her way to the living room, scowling at Lucian as she stomped by. He caught Charlie eye-rolling in exasperation, causing him to chuckle.

He looked at him, a soft smile on his face. "It's great to see you again, Lucian."

" Same to you, Charlie."

==========

Lucian's room was the same as he had left it the last time he and his parents visited a few years ago.

The walls painted a soft grey, furniture a cream-white colour, it reminded him of his room back home. His first home.

He settled his luggage on his bed, before collapsing on it in a huff of exhaustion.