(15) Just Us

Depuis le début

"I was supposed to do a mission for Belos but I forfeit. I don't want to do his stupid, dirty work for him," I crossed my arms.

"Interesting. What's the mission?"

"To kill the king, queen, or Edalyn."

"What?! You were planning on murdering them!?"

"Not really. Look, if you want to arrest me for plotting a murder, just take me in. Believe me when I say this but there's no way I'm going to kill any of them."

"I mean, you tried to when you and your army intruded this kingdom."

"I just wanted to kidnap Lilith's sister so Belos wouldn't be the one to punish me and her. Right now, I don't feel like following his orders. Not after what he has said and done to me and Lilith," I averted my eyes away from Luz. She had an empathetic expression as she lowered her sword down.

"So you were supposed to kill my mother, the king, or queen for Belos but you won't because you don't want to follow his order?"

"Yup. I'm done being his puppet. Belos manipulated and controlled me. He lied about where I came from. I thought he was my uncle, but I'm not related at all to that man. Kikimora and Belos treat me like shit. Lilith is the only one who's been by my side ever since I was a little kid. Yeah sure we had some ups and downs, but now we have a stronger bond than I ever have had with anyone else at the Demon Realm. If I don't get out of there, things will be worse for me. I'll die if I go back and don't complete my mission. I would rather be locked up in a cell than be with Belos," I pulled my knees to my chest and wrapped my arms around them. I laid my chin on top of my knees, feeling defeated.

"You and Lilith had it rough at the Demon Realm. Good thing she's safe over here for now," Luz stated.

"Thank goodness she's okay. I was worried that something might've happened to her during her journey."

"Yeah, she's okay. Lilith mentioned that you and her are betraying Belos. Looks like she really meant it since you confessed everything about what's going on."

"That's right. Where is she right now?"

"Lilith has been staying at the castle with the Blight family. We've been getting information out of her about Belos and what his plans are for the future. Do you have any idea on what his plans are for the upcoming war?"

"Actually, this detail might be helpful for you guys."

"Do you mind telling me?" Luz's eyes shined.

"Yeah. Um, before I left the castle, Belos told me that if I ever spotted Lilith, I must tell her to ask the king about his plan against Belos and that she must get information right away, so Belos will be prepared for the war. He wants to know urgently because he sent me here to kill Alador, Odalia, or Edalyn which can spark them to start a war right away with Belos if I ever did murder them. Though, I have to pretend I did do what I was told to save my own skin."

"Hunter...You are a fucking genius!" Luz grinned from ear to ear.

I was taken back and asked, "I am?"

"Yes, you are my friend. I need to tell King Alador about this new info," Luz put away her sword back into her scabbard.

"W-Wait! Don't leave me here. I don't want to stay out in the woods where there could be creatures lurking around."

"Relax Hunter. There are no monsters out here. Plus, I'll be gone for half an hour. You gave me a great idea, and it's all thanks to you."

"You really mean that?" I wasn't believing a single word Edalyn's daughter was saying.