(13) A Second Chance

9:00 am

Lilith's POV

I have awoken from the sounds of the birds chirping in the morning and the sunlight hitting my face. I checked my old watch to see that I had slept in. If you were wondering, I woke up at six in the morning to begin my daily tasks when I was at Belo's castle. I won't say that I regret waking up at this hour. I really needed some rest and energy to keep moving forward to the Boiling Isles.

I had four miles to go before I walked upon the gates of the kingdom. I didn't bring many supplies as I wasn't able to carry heavy things throughout my trip. All I had was some food, my sword, and clothing. I had to find a safe spot to camp for the time being with only a campfire and my bag to use as a pillow. I used my clothing as a blanket, but I made sure not to dirty them.

I grabbed my clothes and folded them neatly into my bag. I left the ground and got on my feet to stretch my body. The fire was already out and was filled with only ashes. I checked my surroundings to see if there were any monsters around. I pulled out a piece of bread and an apple from my bag to eat. I grabbed my scabbard with my sword in and tossed it onto my back with my bag on top of it.

I made my way through the woods figuring out what to say to Edalyn when I first saw her. I'm sure Alador will be there to see me if the guards at the front of the entrance take me in as a prisoner. As long as I get to tell my sister and the king what my plan is, that's all that will matter to me.

--------------------------------------------

10:20 am

Luz's POV

"I can't believe we're moving in with the Blight family! We'll be having breakfast and dinner with them every single day. It's an honor," my sister exclaimed.

"It sure is Vee. I get to be with my girlfriend the whole time which is amazing," I said excitedly.

"As for me, I get to help a lot of injured knights whenever they're out battling our enemies," mama mentioned.

"For me, I'll still be in these stupid crutches, waiting for my leg to be healed," Eda pouted.

"Aw, don't worry my love. You'll be back in good condition soon with Alador to cover someone else's kingdom or fight somewhere."

"I guess so. At least you guys are here with me. We'll spend some quality time before we start working our asses off."

"You know it mom," I agreed.

Our belongings were being moved away from our house to the palace using the royal's carriage and wagon. We decided to walk behind it as there wasn't any room for the four of us to sit in. Eda was riding on top of King, so she wouldn't need to use her crutches to head over to the Blight's home. We barely arrived at the castle when Viney came running to us, yelling out.

"Guys! There's something I need to tell you!"

"What's wrong? Is everything alright?" I asked my friend.

"Lilith Clawthorne has been captured by our guards at the front entrance." My family and I froze in place. I felt all the blood rush down to the bottom of my feet. Lilith was actually here in this exact kingdom.

"Where is she?" Eda carefully brought herself down from King with the help of her crutches.

"Lilith is in the throne room with King Alador and Queen Odalia. Your sister is tied up and hasn't spoken much. She does want to see you and Luz before she tells Alador why she came here."