(9) Fear

12:00 pm

Luz's POV

"...and she managed to gather her troops and retreat back to their kingdom. Therefore, your kingdom is all yours, King Ivor."

"Splendid! Thank you all so much for the help. I wouldn't have done it without you all. As for you Luz, you are talented! How in the world did you get them to leave? What's your secret? I need to know hahaha," Ivor pretended to exaggerate.

"She did a better job at convincing my sister than me," Eda stated.

"It's great to have Luz as your daughter. She's definitely a keeper, and Alador will be damn happy to hear you had a whole army retreat."

"Thank you so much for bringing me here to help you. I will do it again whenever I have the chance."

"Anytime Luz. Would you like to stay for lunch as a part of your reward?"

"I'd love to but I must politely decline your offer. I would like to get home as soon as possible."

"That's okay. My reward for the knights here will be granted tomorrow. I'll send off a couple of my own men to drop it off to Alador where all of you will collect it at his palace. In the meantime, I'd like to bid a farewell to you all. Hopefully I get to see you around, Luz and Edalyn."

"Oh you will Ivor. Grab us if you have any situations in your hands that you need help with," Eda added.

"I will general. Have a wonderful day everyone! Stay safe," Ivor waved as we all bowed to him before each of us walked out of the castle. Today's weather was warm and perfect. Ivor's people were working, scattering around, and being friendly to one another. Most of them were waving at the knights and I and thanked us for our help. Looks like they knew about the situation outside the kingdom.

--------------------------------------------

Amity's POV

"Wait. Why are we making cupcakes again?"

"It's for when Luz returns from her mission. I want to give her something nice for the hard work she has done," I answered Gus's question.

"Right. I remember you asking me two days ago if I can create a cake for you and Luz to share. There's something suspicious about this you aren't telling me about."

"What are you talking about? There is nothing going on with me. I'm perfectly fine," I tried covering myself.

"Mhm, sure. If you don't want to tell me, that's fine. Remember that I'm here if you want to talk about anything in your mind," Gus took a bite of a cupcake he made for himself.

"Okay fine! It's about my feelings for Luz," Gus choked on the cupcake after I told him what was up with me. I came over to him and patted his back to help him cough out the cupcake. Gus took a glass of water near him and chugged it all down.

"I'm sorry about that. I didn't mean to surprise you," I apologized.

"No worry Princess Amity. It was my fault I made myself choke from the cupcake. So uh, your feelings for Luz huh? What's that all about?"

"I feel weird around Luz but the good kind of weird. She makes me extremely happy and protected. I have no idea what she's doing to me, but whenever I'm with her, I feel as if I am floating on a cloud. These warm and fuzzy feelings are all Luz is doing. Like what Eda said, I'm being touchy to Luz like I would grab her hand or hold her face. Hell, I even cuddled with her. She's just so caring, sweet, cute, and amazing altogether," I knew I was red after I was done talking.