(8) Lilith

Luz's POV

"Ugh Luz! Why in the world would you decide on going off on your own to convince Lily to leave Ivor's kingdom?"

"Because you'll recklessly lead your men to fight them off. Who knows what other kind of weapons they have to wipe off half the knights," I reasoned with Eda.

"I get that but there's got to be another way. I don't want you to go alone."

"I second that," Amity entered the conversation. We were the only three who were still inside the meeting while the others left to get some fresh air.

"Why didn't you vote for my idea, Am?"

"Isn't it obvious Luz? It's you against hundreds of our enemies. You'll get killed once you meet them face to face. I don't want that to happen and neither does Eda and your family."

"You guys make me seem as if I'm weak."

"It's not like that. We care about you deeply which is why we're trying to prevent you from leaving to Lilith," Amity held onto a hand of mine.

"Jeez Blight. When did you get so touchy with my daughter?" Eda joked around while smirking.

The princess let go of my hand immediately and responded, "It's not like that! I-I don't know why I did that  but I swear I'm not trying to be touchy with Luz haha."

"I'm just kidding around. But seriously, your little girlfriend is right, kid." I ignored the 'girlfriend' part, though it made me blush as I continued convincing both Eda and Amity about my idea.

"Nothing will happen to me when I face your sister. They'll think I'm just a random knight who wandered off and stumbled upon their group. If they try to threaten me, I can offer them something. Maybe I can  wager to take back Ivor's property."

"Why are you so stubborn Luz? You can't even leave me here alone. I'll be bored out of my mind and alone without you."

"Are you sure you're not into my daughter?"

"No Eda! She's just a friend," Amity's face became entirely red.

"Why are you like this, mom?"

"I don't know."

"Sure you don't. Whatever you guys tell me won't matter because I am positive that Lilith and her friends will leave when I come into town," I cockily said.

"Always throwing yourself into danger. You'll never learn kid," Eda pinched the bridge of her nose.

"You know I'm twenty-one Eda. You're starting to sound like mama. I'm old enough to make choices. I understand putting myself in danger is the stupidest idea you will ever hear, but I know what I am doing. You just need to trust in me."

"I trust you Luz, but I don't trust my sister on doing what you would want to do. She can switch up in a matter of seconds."

"I won't let her do that. I'll make sure she's cooperative with me without playing any tricks or doing any funny business."

"Instead of me being alone at the castle, let me come with you," Amity proposed.

"You're out of your mind if you think your parents will let you go to meet our biggest and worst enemy in the entire world. They know you are the princess and quickly,  they'll snatch you up like dessert. It is highly dangerous and the worst decision possible to let a princess go off with her knight and warn a group of idiots to leave the stolen land."

"I agree with my mom. There is no way I'm letting you come with me nor will Alador and Odalia let you go."

"Then who's going to watch me while you're gone?" Amity pouted.