(4) Our Adventure Awaits

Luz's POV

"Eda!" I shouted before jogging and hugging her tightly.

"Hey kid. It's great to see you again."

"You scared me. You didn't send back a letter to us today."

"Sorry about. I didn't have enough time to write a letter. I had to deal with some of Belo's scums. There were some that were going to burn down the farmer's land and try to kidnap them. Good thing we made it on time."

"That's great to hear."

"Well well well. If it isn't Edalyn Clawthorne," Alador approached us.

"Hey there old man. How's it going?"

"Pretty well. How was the battle with Belo's army?"

"It went well. A few knights were slightly injured but none were severe. How's my kid doing as Amity's protector?" Eda was patting my head.

"Luz is doing well. She's keeping Amity entertained and happy."

"Well that's good to hear. Soon enough it'll be hard to separate those two haha."

"Yes it will."

"Heh yeah. Is there anything you need from me, Alador? I would like to go home to my wife and kid to see how they are doing."

"No, there's nothing I need from you Edalyn. You can go home and rest. You deserve it."

"Thanks friend. Then I'll be off. What time will you come over kid?"

"I'll leave right after the rain is over if that's fine with King Alador."

"Oh no worries. If you end up staying overnight, it'll be fine."

"Thank you so much Alador."

"Anytime Luz."

"I will see you later, kid. Have a nice evening everyone."

"Thank you Edalyn. You as well and greet Vee and Camila for us."

"Yes sir!" Eda left the hallway while Alador and the others were about to head back to the kitchen.

"Your mother and I will be making dinner. We'll let you know when it's ready.

"Would you like me to assist King Alador?"

"No need to, Luz. You've done enough for us. Amity, give Luz a tour. You have enough time to check out the entire castle while we are finishing up dinner."

"Yes father. Let's go Luz."

"Yes ma'am," I followed Amity to wherever she was leading me. We were going further back to the castle which I've never been to.

"Where are you taking me princess?"

"I am taking you to a room where we keep stuff that we no longer use or keep."

"I wonder what kind of things you guys have hidden in there."

"There's a good amount of items inside. You'll be amazed to see what we've stored. Good thing we're right here," Amity stopped in front of a door that says 'stored goods.' She opened the door to reveal many objects in one room. There were shelves with things on top and different paintings on the walls. There were even dolls, broken swords, mirrors, clothing, blankets, anything you can find.

"I didn't expect that many things to be in a single room," I was taken back.

"Yeah, there are many things here. We're planning to give some of these away to our people as a donation."